Supplementing the Diet of a Lettuce Sea Slug

Shep

Reefing newb
Hey,

If there is not enough algae in my tank would it be possible to supplement the diet with dried sea weed? I do not have one yet but was thinking of maybe getting one. I do not want to get one, run out of algae and have it starve to death.

Last edited:
I've never heard of that being done successfully. A lot of clubs will have a lettuce nudibranch that gets passed around for algae problems. I want to get one because I have a bryopsis issue at the moment, but yet to see one at the LFS that I can trade back in for credit once my algae issue is gone. You can find plenty of stories of people getting them, running out of algae, then trying to find something it will eat without success.

I've never heard of that being done successfully. A lot of clubs will have a lettuce nudibranch that gets passed around for algae problems. I want to get one because I have a bryopsis issue at the moment, but yet to see one at the LFS that I can trade back in for credit once my algae issue is gone. You can find plenty of stories of people getting them, running out of algae, then trying to find something it will eat without success.
That's what I what was afraid of, I think I will just pass on getting one.

I had one as a hitchhiker a few years back, sadly it died after it cleaned my tank. I tried to feed it dried seaweed it didn't touch it.

Back