suppliments

reefpanda

Reefing newb
i didnt know which catagory to put this in, but what suppilements should i be adding to my 29 gallon biocube?
and what amount
i have 1 royal gramma
3 peppermint shrimp
1 xenia

Sorry. Not trying to thread Jack.

What if you had some LPS corals. Would water changes still be enough? I'm addng 10mL a day of Aquaphilic 2 part alk/cal along with pH buffer whenever I top off. My ph is 8.2 and dkh is 12. So is it necessary for me to add stuff? Also, what about magnesium? Websites state that the coral for sale needs Mg and iodine additives.

Last edited:
Sorry. Not trying to thread Jack.

What if you had some LPS corals. Would water changes still be enough? I'm addng 10mL a day of Aquaphilic 2 part alk/cal along with pH buffer whenever I top off. My ph is 8.2 and dkh is 12. So is it necessary for me to add stuff? Also, what about magnesium? Websites state that the coral for sale needs Mg and iodine additives.

Even with lps's, there is no need to add anything special...the power of water changes conquers all:D

thanks for the advice
i meant like
calcium
iodine
magnesium
none of that stuff at all

Correct. none of that stuff at all. The salt, especially those reef type salt such as Instant Ocean's Reff Crystals, SeaChem's Reef Salt, and the Oceanic. They have plenty of Calcuim, Magnesium, and other trace mineral that you need.

Magnesium,I dose when the level drops to 1350.I like to keep it closer to 1400.
Iodine,I never dose.The only I've ever seen it help in the tank was algae.I do however give new corals a Lugols iodine soak before they go into my tank.

Back