Surface of water isn't clear

laura-jean

friend to the fish
My water seems clear but the surface of the water has a film of what seems to be sand particles on it.

Is this normal? I have sugar fine sand and a diamond goby who likes to stir it all up, could it be that just the finest particles of sand float to the top?

Is there a way to fix this or clear it up?

Let me know if you have any experience with this. :)

Thanks!

Fantastic, thank you!!! I have a wavemaker for my two powerheads so I shall point one upwards and keep the other where it's at. Thank you guys, I really hope this works!

If you want you water more clean you can polish it with a hob filter and some carbon or filter floss. That will help. Or you can add a fuge with a nice ball of chaeto and that will keep almost all of the debris in the fuge and out of the DT, plus more water volume and better nutrient removal. Glad to hear you got your stagnant surface cleared up. How about some pics of that nano we've been hearing about...:Cheers:

Not until I can get my water to clear up!
No room for a fuge, but I'll try some filter floss. I have carbon.

What's a hob filter......? (Should I feel dumb asking this?)

Not until I can get my water to clear up!
No room for a fuge, but I'll try some filter floss. I have carbon.

What's a hob filter......? (Should I feel dumb asking this?)

hob is hang on back filter

+1 Anderson. No Laura, you should not feel dumb about asking anything. That's how we all learn and sometime the acronyms we use are tricky. They're just your standard hang on back fish filter. You can buy them at Pecto, Petsmart or any LFS. You don't have to get an expensive or fancy one. You're just using it to clean the water, not as a main source of filtration.

Also, how often are you doing water changes and how many gallons each time? That can have something to do with the quality and color of the water. Just trying to thinks of some ideas for you. Good luck! :D

1SDF-400.www.fhas.co.uk.jpg

Back