Sweet...........

dolphins8426

Reefing newb
The guys at my lfs are awsome they gave me a piece of soft coral to try out in my tank since it is very new to see how it does.. I forgot what he said it was but here is a pic. Its retracted now since I just placed him in, but tell me what everyone thinks and if you can id it..

fish014.JPG

Nice I will have to do some research on it. I have the greatest guys at my LFS. I am sure they don't do that for everyone but thats just my personality... Woo Who... Hopefully it grows

Yep, zoanthids. Give them a few days to fully open up. They like low to moderate light and low to moderate flow, so put them in the bottom to middle of your tank out of direct line of the powerheads. No special feeding necessary too. They should spread easily and quickly if they are happy. Post pics when they open so we can see what kind they are!

Here it is.... Its about half way up the tank maybe a little more, but its the only place that i could really wedge it in good. Is it ok there.....

fish019.JPG

You guys and gals think it will spread to the live rock I wedge it into.. That would be cool nothing like free coral that will spead and look nice. Do I need to put anything special into the water to feed it or will it be fine the way it is

with the right water quality and lighting it could start spreading sooner than you think. some of my zoas gain about 3-4 heads in a few weeks.

with that setup (and good water quality) ... they should start growing and spreading very soon. you will notice them when they start.

Back