swollen lip

grdpder

Reefing newb
Hi -

My green Chromis has what appears to be a swollen lip of some sort. It is only showing on its left side of the mouth. What is it? Does it have an infection? What can I do to treat it?
Thanks in advance.

David

I would just make sure he is eating, and not being bullied by the other fish. Treating him will only stress him out more and he will probably get over this on his own.

+1 Smitty...When Chromis argue they go head to head literally...it looks like they're kissing...That's probably it.

I sometimes see my chromis lips get HUGE and stuck in an 'O' shape while eating...at first I thought they were hurt, cuz they lips weren't moving; looked like it was vacuuming the food into their mouths...but they finally pulled their lips back in after eating. Looked very freakish, though. Can you get a pic?

i have only one green chromis, one orange spotted goby, bi-color blenny, clown, fire fish, 4 peppermint shrimps, 1 cleaner shrimp, 1 coral banded shrimp and 1 blue-legged hermit crab and 5 red-legged hermit crab.

so, i don't think anyone is fighting. today, the lip on the chromis appears to worsen.

see attached pic i took...sorry not so clear (poor quality), but, the best i can do. sucker constantly swimming. i can see a little pinkish color on the lip.

any thoughts?

David

Attachments

• green chromis.jpg
    green chromis.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 549
+1 lilfish But a lot of people have problems keeping a whole school of chromis...they leave other fish alone, but to each other, they're downright nasty. I had 3, but i'm down to 2, and the other one just never grew. He was bullied and looked rough from the other 2 picking on him.

Back