Sxybeemr's 125 Gallons reef tank.

Great update, glad all turned out ok after the leak. nice addition, very good pics. Try a holothurm cucumber to clean your substrate. stay away from the tiger tails and the black ones. see if you can get a yellow one. that is if your sand is fine enough. make sure you tell the lfs you want a sand sifter. good luck nice tank.

Jhnrb, I was thinking about a sea cucumber but can't they release this toxic substance..? And yeah, this was a long recovery ....I always find myself checking the new tank for leaks.. I hope never have to do this ever again!!

If you are considering a cucumber, staty away from the black ones, and only use the holothurums, The cucumbers can expel their insides if attacked or injured, there is also a white sticky stuff like unhardened glue under water but stringy that some of um eject also. If you stay away from the black ones, you should be ok. you can find yellow, brown, sometimes pink, but, which ever one you choose make sure it is not too large, the substrait is of the correct size and consistency, and acclimate for at least 2 hours, when you introduce it to the tank do not handle, use a ladle or something to put it in the tank, do no let it get stung by any thing and lower it into an area of low flow. also make sure the one you get is a sand sifter. good luck, I use three in my main tank and one in my refugium.

hey! Thanx for following up! Yes indeed, this was absolutely crazy! I would never wish this to my worst enemy! The tank is looking good! Everything is back to normal. I will try to take new photos of the tank this weekend. All my fish /livestock are well. I added a Naso tang ( and by far my favorite fish in my tank! He's not shy ! And he runs the show!! ) and a boxer shrimp since. The shrimp recently molted. I was just at my lfs today and they were all asking about the tank and the recovery... Let's just hope that this tank will not leak! I think I am paranoided now, everytime I get home from work,the first ting I will do is look at my tank to make sure there is still water in it.. It's that stupid... LOL...

Last edited:
Hello everyone! Well, here are some follow up photos, 1 year after I came home to a leaking fishtank.... I thought I'd post some photos of my tank now. I also recently removed my green serpent star (death star), my boxer shrimp and my lunar wrasse. All 3 were returned to my LFS:^::mrgreen:. I added 2 zebra gobies (but 1 jumped out of my tank and I found it dry on the carpet!:frustrat:). I purchased some egg crate shortly after and decided to cover my tank. Lesson learned! I replaced the green death star for a peaceful one:bowdown:! I also added another Aqua C Remora Pro skimmer(I now have 2 remora pro skimmers), removed my wet/dry filtrer, and got a RO/DI system. Ive been using the Ro/Di water for about a month now and wow! What an improvement already!!

Attachments

• 048.jpg
    048.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 268
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 073.jpg
    073.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 265
  • 611.jpg
    611.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 261
  • 607.jpg
    607.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 599.jpg
    599.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 285
  • 594.jpg
    594.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 261
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 275
I also recently rearranged the rocks in the tank..

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 301
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 259
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg