System Upgrade

Chris

Reefing newb
Sheeeesh!!! The day has finally come, we have moved to our own server and have upgraded to the latest version of vBulletin software. The forum section of Living Reefs work, most other areas like the Photo Gallery, chat rooms and journal do not. I will be working all week to install and upgrade the software for these areas to start working again. Please be patient. When I think everything has been upgraded I would appreciate everyone trying to help me find areas I messed up.

One REALLY cool function of the new software is that it tracks any new messages up to 10 days that you haven't read, so if you have to leave in the middle of reading the new messages you won't loose your place.

Thanks!

I noticed, hopefully I will have that fixed tommorrow. Its a mess right now but I will have it all straightened out in a few days.

Chris:

I don't think everyone has a complete development environment installed on there machines, but I keep getting debug errors on every screen.

Are you aware of them and is there anything I can do to help.

Brandon

bkv1997 said:
Chris:

I don't think everyone has a complete development environment installed on there machines, but I keep getting debug errors on every screen.

Are you aware of them and is there anything I can do to help.

Brandon
same issue also.I faith Chris your work is alway aprciated

Well, I get the errors sent to me also. I am working on them as they show up. Unfortunatly I had two ways of doing this. One take it live and fix it all week or I could have fixed updated everything all week then taken it live but I would have lost a weeks worth of users and posts. I am not strong enough in SQL to do the the later of the two and reimport just the changes in the database. It shouldn't take me to long to solve all the problems. I must say that the new server it is on seems to be much faster than the previous provider. Its now running on a IBM Blade x335 server with Ultra 320 SCSI drives, hardware RAID, 3 gigs of RAM and Dual 2.40ghz Xeon processors. With a 4 meg connection. Yippppeee!

BTW test environments are for wimps... I would have done the same thing....

Plus we are testing it for you so you can spend time fixing and not testing.
HEHE.

Well, if it was a hyper Critical application for doing brain transplants I would have done it another way. :)

Last edited:
Chat is on the Nav bar at the top, the Who is chatting box on the front page is not working yet. The journal System has been upgraded but its feeding back blank pages... Hopefully I will get this fixed asap. The glossary system is fubared, the author quit supporting it. I was thinking maybe we should a wikimedia system to the forum so we can put glossary terms and pictures of corals and fish up on it.

Ok, I have a new glossary program up and running... it may take me a few days to transfer all of the glossary entries over to the new system but here are a few acronyms for the the test...

I love my AGA and I like to read AFM .

Other than the journal not working, the chat box on the front screen showing and my lack of glossary terms, and the attachment buttons when posting a message I think I am about done with the upgrade.

I need some feedback on the following points...

1. Please let me know of any issues you see, broken pages or links.
2. Speed... The new server and connection seem to (excuse my redneck language) HAUL ASS! Let me know what you think.
3. Any suggestions of any features you think we should add... Feel free to browse http://www.vbulletin.org , they have a great section of mods for vBulletin.

Thanks for being patient.

Re: Spell Checker

there is a spell checker built into the forum now, make sure your not in quick reply and look in the top right corner of the screen you are tying in for the ABC with a check mark under it.

Back