T5 fixture suppliers

Redsprint

Reefing newb
Hi Guys,

Not sure if I am in the right forum so forgive me if I am not. I am trying to get a 48 " 6 tube t5 pendant for my main tank. I saw an Aqua Medic Ocean light that would do the trick but it is not available in Australia. In any case they wanted 1,000 dollars for it if they could get it. I can get an ATI for 600 but I want black and its silver.

I can get it from a couple of places in the States for half that, but you guys use 110 volts and we use 240 :-(. I was hoping to try somewhere in the UK or Germany where the voltage is similar. I guess none of you would need to shop outside the US. Anyone out there a retailer who can help?

Can anyone recommend somewhere I could try? I suppose I could get the US version and use a transformer. They only cost about 20 dollars. Anybody out there got any advice? I would really appreciate it. Very frustrating over here because the market is small and we usually have a 1000% mark up on your retail prices:grumble:

cheers

Paul

Hey thanks for that.

The Nova Extreme looks a very nice light and has good reviews.

I was told over here in Australia though that even with a transformer to take the 240v down to 110v the light probably won't work because of something to do with the wavelenght of light used in flourescent tubes and the ballasts used in US light fittings. I am electronics illiterate so I'm not sure I understand.

I can get them shipped here but without some info on whether this is true or not, I cant risk 500 to get a unit over here only to find out it can't work. Very frustrating:grumble:

My tank looks bettter with the hood off and I can't find a suitable light fitting here for less than a 1000 dollars!!:shock::grumble:

Ah well. At least my Asfur Angel recovered and peace reigns between him, the Kole Tang and the Foxface.

Cheers

Paul

Back