T5 HO Trio worth it?

THat is a fine website to buy products from. That is an ok fixture, i would put in new bulbs right away though. However, I dont think it will fit on any of your fixtures, it is only 3 ft long, and you wouldnt be able to keep much with that light.

With T5 lighting a good rule of thumb is trying to aim for around 3 watts per gallon to keep most corals. That light will only give 2.1, which might be enough for soft corals and LPS corals up hight, but it wont be enough to keep SPS corals, clams, nems etc.

That lights for his 30g tank, it should be ok for just about any corals. The 4 bulb I linked would be better but, if money is an issue the 3 bulb gives you almost 4 wpg.

nice i ordered mine 2 days ago got the tracking number today :D same lights just with 4 bulbs :D , same as you their going over my 29G tank :D, i emailed aqua traders and the legs actually slide inwards to fit on top of a 20inch tank all the way to 38inches

oh and just to point it out their are 55 gallon 36 inch tanks, i think the largest 36 inch tank is the 65G , so even thought the light may not be enough for those it will fit lol ,

That lights for his 30g tank, it should be ok for just about any corals. The 4 bulb I linked would be better but, if money is an issue the 3 bulb gives you almost 4 wpg.

thanks for clearing the confusion for me BL1, so i should be fine with this light for any corals then?

nice i ordered mine 2 days ago got the tracking number today :D same lights just with 4 bulbs :D , same as you their going over my 29G tank :D, i emailed aqua traders and the legs actually slide inwards to fit on top of a 20inch tank all the way to 38inches

let me know how it is and how you like it when you get it ill have mine the following week.

Back