T5 Lights

Piggy

Reef enthusiast
I've been searching T5's for awhile now. I know a lot of you use them. Which ones do you have and where can I find them? Depending on which tank I get they'll either be 48 or 72.

check the 2 drs for your lights. Individual reflectors DO make a big difference in your lighting. 50% of your lighting comes from the reflectors above the lights.

-Doc

ive been waiting for over a week now for my tx5 aquactinics to come in there all on back order so hopefully it comes soon before i lose all sanity.

my shipping on 48" tx5 to st. louis area is 18.08 thats ground shipping since premium aquatics is only in indiana it gets here quick.

better order soon though tom on reef central forum for aquactinics said there raising price on fixtures, i guess since i high demand for lights, cost increase on supplies and probally needs bigger production facility they are increasing price so if you want the good low price order now.

Piggy,I know of no company that makes 60'' all T5 fixtures.There are a few MH/T5 combo fixtures out there.

Is hanging a 72'' T5 fixture out of the question?

Would a 48" be way too short? Then I would have the problem of trying to fit it over the tank in a canopy.

what have you researched as far as retrofit for your canopy? a 48 may work if it is retrofit

-Doc

Okay,you have a canopy,right?
Yeah go ahead and do a 48'' fixture but I'm not sure it will fit inside a canopy.

A retrofit is like a fixture without the casing.Its what people use when they have a canopy.You mount the reflectors,wiring,endcaps and ballast.Its helpful to know something about wiring/electrician work.

This is a retrofit.......Icecap 60" 6 Lamp T5 Retro Kit: Premium Aquatics

Thats a 60'' retro which would be perfect size and actually comes with the bulbs,surprisingly.Icecap retro is considered the best retros,there are others that are cheaper and will get the job done too.

Back