Take a wild guess

I got to have me one of those in my reef.So ya'll are saying they will NOT eat cleaner shrimps,fire shrimps and snails,correct?

I've not found ANTHING in this hobby you could guarantee except that every body is eventually going to have some kind of algae and cyano outbreak.

REEFKEEPER, sweet pics. I cant wait until mines colors get that bright. From what I have read they will turn those colors after being under the right lights for a couple months.

REEFKEEPER, sweet pics. I cant wait until mines colors get that bright. From what I have read they will turn those colors after being under the right lights for a couple months.

too bad pc lights are not the "right lights" haha just wanted to give you crap :mrgreen:

too bad pc lights are not the "right lights" haha just wanted to give you crap :mrgreen:

I may not have the "right lights" but my corals spank yours! Too be honest I see all of you guys freaking out about T5's and my corals grow just as well with PC's. I'm not saying PC's are the best or as good as T5's, but they do a ton better than what everybody makes them out to be.

BTW there colors are getting brighter by the day I will post pic's again soon.

Last edited:
Okay,I guess its going in the fish only tank then.

Freak: I read a ton of forums and talked to quite a few people who own them in reef tanks and no one I talked to has had problems yet. I value my corals more than any fish. It took alot for me to get the balls to put a trigger in my reef, let alone two of them, but I feel there totally worth the small, small risk they pose.

hey now hawk, I ain't dissen no PCs here. I still have them on my 125 and I still have corals with my angelfish. All my LPS corals looked great with PCs. He!!, I won tank of the month with my PC lighting. They are good lights, but my corals do look better with T-5s.

-Doc

I will get one Hawk but I'm still weary with them in my reef.My shrimps(cleaner,fire,sexy) are too cool to risk.Besides they weren't exactly cheap.

I agree PC's are great for LPS and soft corals.Besides all the great things I say about T5,there are so many different type bulbs to choose from.There's just no limit on whatever look your wanting to go with.

I do want to upgrade my lights, but when it comes to newbies on a budget like I was PC's are awesome! I feel like we steer too many newbies away from vary affordable PC's for no reason.

The thing is, at this time, T5s are not much more expensive than PCs anyways. And you can keep everything, including clams, anemones, and SPS under T5s, whereas you can't under a lot of PCs. So that's why I at least try to steer newbies towards T5s instead. They are pretty much the same price as PCs. If I was really going to go all hardcore light Nazi on newbies, I'd be telling them all to get halides.

I agree that a lot of our post do seem like were trying to steer newbs away from the PCs.But I dont think newbs on a budget would want to mess with halides either.
At least with T-5s you get enough light to keep about what ever you could want with out the heat and bulb expense of the halides.
I for one couldnt afford to replace $100 bulbs every 6 to 8 months.$50. PC bulbs to go over the 30 is bad enough.

Back