Taking some practice shots for POTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvcgsxr600

Reefing newb
This is a friend of mine's tank but a great tank to prctise taking coral pics none the less.

Chadstankpractice008.jpg

Chadstankpractice009.jpg

Chadstankpractice010.jpg

Chadstankpractice011.jpg

Chadstankpractice015.jpg

Chadstankpractice016.jpg

Chadstankpractice017.jpg

Chadstankpractice018.jpg

Chadstankpractice020.jpg

Chadstankpractice021.jpg

Chadstankpractice024.jpg

great shots... the only thing I have to say is. we need to get you outta shutter priority for coral shots. I learned some stuff taking pics of kraash's tank. can't wait to hook up next time. pics look good you are getting better.

I had it on S setting for shutter speed. I will be at Dave's on the 29th you going to make it? I have been wanting to get some updated shots of his tank.

Right about now,I'm wandering just how much time I would get if I stole all those SPS:D
MAn,those are some awesome looking corals.

so a question from a newbie..... is there any freakin way to get anywhere near a decent photo from just a regular ol' digital, or do you have to just go crazy with all the interchangeable lenses and a 2 grand camera

I think most people here use regular old point and shoot digital cameras, myself included. A few do have pricier ones, though. If you use a point and shoot, you do need to learn how to use the manual settings, though. It seems anything on automatic just turns out bleh.

so a question from a newbie..... is there any freakin way to get anywhere near a decent photo from just a regular ol' digital, or do you have to just go crazy with all the interchangeable lenses and a 2 grand camera

Something D2 told me a while back.
The camera just catches to shot.Its the person thats behind the camera that gets the quality.:D

I started with a point and shoot and eventually got a dslr. My Nikon D40 new was $500 and I now have close to $800 into it with different lenses and filters memory card etc. I will see if I can find some pics from my point and shoot days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back