Talk About Stinky !!!!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
MAN WHEN YOU GUYS AND GIRLS TOLD ME ABOUT THE CYCLING PROCESS.... i DIDNT REALIZE WHAT A SMELL IT WOULD PUT OFF. I MEAN ITS NOT STINKING MY HOUSE UP OR ANYTHING (LOL) BUT WHEN I CHECK THE TANK MAN !!!!! ANYWAY, THE TANK IS STILL CRYSTAL CLEAR. EVERYTHING SEEMS TO BE WORKING RIGHT, AND THE UNCOOKED SHRIMP I PUT IN THE TANK HAS GROWN WHAT LOOKS LIKE A "FORCE FIELD" AROUND IT. I'M GOING TO GIVE IT A COUPLE MORE DAYS THEN START TESTING THE WATER AND ADDING MORE CURED LR AND I THINK 1 MORE SMALL POWERHEAD FOR MORE WATER MOVEMENT. GETTING EXCITED TO ADD SOME FISH !! ANY SUGESTIONS WOULD BE GREAT !!!!
THANK AGAIN

Sounds like a good plan just stick to it and dont go too fast and you should be fine. Good luck and keep us posted.

Bobby done gave my advice.
Just be thankful you didnt do like me and cycle with UN-cured rock,lol.Thats just about got me AND the tank kicked out.

just remember that whenever you add LR, you are going to get an ammonia spike. how high? it depends on how much LR you add. IMO i would add all the LR at once to get the cycle done. i set up a fowler tank and used dead crushed coral for substrate and added LR from my mature tank and added the new LR to the old tank. i still got the ammonia spike on the fowler and untill now it is still cyling after almost 3 months but i already added the fish there after 4 weeks of set up but they are all doing great and eating like a pig. my suggestion don't add anything untill the cycle is done. don't do what i did eventhough i don't have fatalities.

Kimoy
Have you checked to see if your ammonia test kit is accurate?
I know some kits are bad about reading small amounts of ammonia when theres actually none.

Back