Talkingreef Live

ReefKeeper

TalkingReef Live co-host
i hope you guys dont mind me posting this here ... if you do i understand, but we are just trying to get a good turnout for the shows ...

Hello all,
Over the years of doing The Talkingreef podcast, one request that kept popping up was the request to have a live call in show. Well we're going to give it a try..

Introducing Talkingreef Live (TRL)
Talkingreef Live will be a live show hosted by myself and Bobby (IReef_IKeeper) and with assitantce and support from Carmie (CarmieJo). It will take place every other Sunday night at 8:00 PM EST (frequency and time not in stone yet) along side the regular Talkingreef Chat. During this show Bobby (IReef_IKeeper) and I will will take your questions, or discuss your topics. You can present questions, or bring up ideas for discussion and we can talk about them and let the audience ring in with their thoughts on the topic. If successful we are planning to do special talk nights with various industry experts, giving you the chance to join us live and ask your question.

During the show, while listening you, will be in a chat room live with everyone. You can present your topics or questions, get added to the queue, join the show, or just hang out and chat with everyone while listening. The shows will be recorded and released as a Talkingreef Live Podcast. These shows will go out in the existing Podcast feed, so everyone will have the chance to listen to them.

There is only one catch. This project is launching on a trial basis. In order for this to be successful we need YOUR participation. Make sure you spread there word and rally all your friends. Without your participation, this show can not succeed.
During this trial period, the team will evaluate the show quality and listener participation to make sure its a valuable resource for everyone.

The first show will be held tomorrow night (9/23/07). This show will be VERY experimental, and may not even get released on the public podcast feed. The idea for this show is to give everyone an idea how the system will work, and let us get an idea how to properly run things.

The show will be hosted at www.Talkshoe.com. Make sure you head over there to sign up for a free account. To participate, you can call in from a regular phone (long distance charges may apply), using a VOIP client like Skype or Gizmo Prject, or using the built in ShoePhone client that comes with Talkshoe (all free).

Sounds great & I will join if I can... I'm in Germany at the moment = 6 hrs ahead, but if I have trouble sleeping I'll join :-) You may want to think about the time difference between Europe/US if this becomes sucessful - maybe that's jumping too far ahead - but I visted 'the second largest Saltwater Aquarium' store in Europe yesterday (http://www.salzwasser.de/). It was awsome!! I noticed some differences: for example T5 lighting is pretty standard here in place of MH, so having a European perspective on topics might be quite enlightening :-)

Sounds great & I will join if I can... I'm in Germany at the moment = 6 hrs ahead, but if I have trouble sleeping I'll join :-) You may want to think about the time difference between Europe/US if this becomes sucessful - maybe that's jumping too far ahead - but I visted 'the second largest Saltwater Aquarium' store in Europe yesterday (http://www.salzwasser.de/). It was awsome!! I noticed some differences: for example T5 lighting is pretty standard here in place of MH, so having a European perspective on topics might be quite enlightening :-)

sorry for the delay !! if this takes off the way that we are hoping, then we will be adding a European talk show also. it will be done by reefers such as yourself, but it will be done IN Europe and Euopean time and added to the podcasts that TR puts out for reefers around the world to download and listen to.
if you want to participate ... email me at reef-keeper at hotmail dot com or send me a PM or IM ( i think my IM's are listed in my profile).

show tonight at 8, sorry for the late notice ... i have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off !! hope to see you guys there.

Reefkeeper, you used to do these before didn't you? I remember listening to one and typing questions, it was pretty cool, maybe I'll be able to catch the next one!

Back