Tampa Bay Saltwater order tomorrow...

Picasso

Seahorse Whisperer
So, I waited to see how Dennis' sponges, gorgs and scallops did and since he did ok I decided to take a chance and try them. I ordered bunch of sponges, gorgs, scallops and a few other goodies that will be here tomorrow! Dennis posted in his build that his sponges didn't make it so, any advice, any advice at all will be EXTREMELY welcome! I really want these to work!

thanks,
Catherine

Dont expose the sponges to air at all.Just temp acclimate for a few minutes,submerge the bags in your tank,and open them under the water surface.
The Gorgonians,just acclimate like any other invertebrate.
Sometimes,I wonder if our reef tanks dont just have way too much light for sponges.That and the lower nutrients of a reef tank are the reason that I think we have so much trouble with sponges.

BTW
I'm gonna move this threat to the new to reefs.I think you'll get more replys there.

What Yote said.
Some of my sponges are fine, it was the red ones that ended up dying.
But Richard said they just don't have a long life span so we enjoy them while we can.
All my gorgs have done great.

POST PICS!!! :^:

But Richard said they just don't have a long life span so we enjoy them while we can.

I don't think that's necessarily true. They don't have long life spans in our tanks. But in the wild, sponges grow HUGE and live for a long time!

What I'm trying to say is...you killed them. Murderer.

:mrgreen:

I don't know what's going on tonight but, Biff's accusing a lot of people tonight of being murderers

I don't think that's necessarily true. They don't have long life spans in our tanks. But in the wild, sponges grow HUGE and live for a long time!

What I'm trying to say is...you killed them. Murderer.

:mrgreen:

LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!!!! :hernoseen

Allright, allright....

So, as I was saying, Dennis, what are you feeding your gorgs and how often?

Catherine

My shipment came in late last night so I just picked it up. This is the coolest thing EVER! OMG! Taking pics now with my POS Kodak. I am amazed at all the stuff he sent! I got a little fish hitchhiker, don't know what it is and I don't know where I should put him. It looks like Eli's fish that is the POTM right now, what is it?

Pics on the way....

C

Here's my pony tank with bags of gorgs and sponges: Notice, that sponge on the right is HUGE, nearly the height of my 55 gallon tank!

4581790478_b6debc13c1.jpg

Back