Tampa bay saltwater

tlsims

Reefing newb
I just got 50lbs of rock from tbs, all i can say is WOW!!!!. if your looking for LR please go here to get it, you won't be dissapointed. richard put it on plane at 11:30 am it landed in st.loius MO. at 1:30pm, i drove total of 4 hours round trip in the pouring rain, almost got killed by a runaway semi but it was all worth it. i will post some pics when i get a camera, but it had lots of crabs porcelin and gorilla (they went in the fuge for now) corals, feather dusters, shrimp (i have not identified yet) the list goes on everytime i look at it i find something new lol.

this is the first rock i have ever had to acclimate before putting in my tank.

TBS ROCKS!!!

See my build thread for lots of pics. :)

Acclimate? I just through mine right in. How did you acclimate it?

TBS ROCKS!!!

See my build thread for lots of pics. :)

Acclimate? I just through mine right in. How did you acclimate it?

i dripped it from water in the tank it was going in because of all the live stuff i was afraid if i did not drip it somethings would die. I probably got a little carried away i had two people helping me i set up stations lol. After i dripped it i took it to a tall clear container filled with the tank water then i put one piece at time in the container and were my helpers went over it with a magnifying glass and removed the things i did not want ( i can take them to my local LFS and trade them for in store credit)
Even thou i got a bit extreme if you do get 50 lbs or more i would suggest having someone help you cause its a lot of work. Stuff is better than cracker jacks.

haha, ya i actually took my rock out into the garage piece by piece (part 1 of the package) 30 minutes at a time (at least) and squirted scalding hot water into the holes to force out everything I could. Then i was able to separate the good from the bad and throw the good back into the tank with the rock. As far as I know it all survived. :D

Part two though went straight into the tank with all the goodies.

I think total i had about 100lbs.

You did the right thing driving to get the rock. If LR gets too cold or hot or sits too long --it dies and you might as well have gotten dead dry rock.
All those hitch-hikers will make your tank a million times more interesting.

Back