Tangs

I haven't had any problems with my powder brown. It got ich when I first introduced it to the tank, but has been fine since. Spot free.

I too just added a powder brown.:bounce: it was at the lfs store for about 2 weeks so it went thru it's ich stage. I also took my own bucket of water and had them put the fish right into it so as not to stress it more then once with a net.:frustrat: I havent seen any ich and it has been almost a week. it is eating everything i put into the tank too.:bowdown:

I'm going on vacation for 10 days starting this Saturday. I'll decide on what to get when I'm back. Don't want to get new fish and leave them hanging when I'm away. :)

I'm going on vacation for 10 days starting this Saturday. I'll decide on what to get when I'm back. Don't want to get new fish and leave them hanging when I'm away. :)

Must be nice to get a vacation.:mrgreen:
Have fun and get serious about the new fish.:D

Must be nice to get a vacation.:mrgreen:
Have fun and get serious about the new fish.:D
Dont be hateing on the vacationers Yote.:frustrat: I am going to yellowstone in 2weeks, wanna come along..:Cheers:. Just jump on the greyhound and get your ass over here.:bounce:

Looks like I'll be cutting work back some David.But not the way I'd like.So gotta make all the money I can before the doc shuts me down for 6 to 12 weeks.Looks like I'm gonna have to have surgery on my shoulder to repairs some ripped up muscles.

Awe yote that's bad news. At least you'll be forced to take some time off, or are you going to work from the hospital bed? :mrgreen:

Seriously I hope it goes well for you. :x:

HAHAH
NO.:D
Besides the wife done said that I was gonna take it easy and heal or she was gonna KILL me.:shock:

I said "Yes Ma;am"

We need to take these wife threats seriously... they know where all the knives are in the kitchen :shock:

not like you dont have enough guns she could find hehehe

I think I'll get a yellow tank due to it's color. I don't really care if everyone has one. :D How aggressive is it compare to other tangs? In case I add another tang later on, I need to add the least aggressive one first.

My tank has been ich free for a year. Does the yellow tank prone to ich? Should I QT it when it comes? I only have a 20g empty one laying around. I'm afriad it would be a problem to QT it in such small tank.

If its color you want, get a purple ,they are stunning IMO...
Ich will attack any fish that is stressed due to shipping and transfer to new surroundings....i think its best to QT all new fish not only for ich prevention,but to just let the new fish relax and get its fins back under him.
When you say ich free for a year,do you mean you got rid of ich,or you just have'nt had an outbreak in a year?

I think it got rid of ich since I ran UV 24x7 for over 10 months and my tank was highly neglected during that time. I'm sure if there were ich, they would have came out.

Purple tank sure is pretty, but it's out of my budget.

Last edited:
This is true,but your current fish just may have been able to fight it off due to the fact they were used to the system...A new stressed fish may not be so lucky,but then again you never know...but for me,i just like to give the new fish some peace and quiet for a time,before introducing it to the DT
Yeah i must say,i did get mine for a steal,but my LFS is now out of buisness too.

Back