Tank 911

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
Ok I know its not a reef topic per say but its deffinately a tank problem. My 4 year old 29 gallon planted tank has some silicon coming out of its seam on the front corner. I just noticed it this morning, and have been checking it all day. So far nothing has changed. What should I do. I dont have the cash to buy a new tank. HELP.

Its really wierd it looks like it would it you held a piece of paper the tall wayand bowed it slightly, but the bow is going towards the water in the middle of the pane. Is this even possible? What are the chances that I overlooked this defect and it has been like that for a long time? That was the corner that didnt get much viewing at my old place I dont know Im open for any and all suggestions.

The middle of a pane of glass, the right side to be exacted has apparently bowed in toward the water, there is a six inch section of the silicon sealant that is poking out about 1/8 to 1/4 inch. Is there anything that I can do to stop the seam from breaking or should I just hope it doesnt break.

I'd about bet that its just a defect you hadnt noticed untill now.The water pressure is pushing outwards,so it wouldnt make any since for it to bow in.
Hate to say,theres not any way to fix it without taking tearing the tank down and completely redoing the seam.

Ok ill just keep an eye on it and monitor it for change. Thanks for settling by nerves Yote, its appreciated

Back