Tank Home

Ill put these pics in a tank thread when I start one but whats the point right now, wont even be in its permanent home for 6 weeks. And there wont be a whole lot of activity until then at least, gotta make some money to buy equiptment. Any of you ladies need an overweight gigalo?

JCE Ill scrape it this thing weighs 400-500 lbs not something that moves easily. Thanks for the suggestion though

Congratulations Ryan.Aint nothing better than getting a new money pit home.
As for cleaning tips.All I can offer there is,Good luck and have fun with it:Cheers:

Janell has that look of "this bastard made me haul this damn tank all over NY today".

I got that same look when I had my gf pick up my live rock from the UPS store because I couldn't get to it because of work.

No she didnt come with us. She had the look" This bastard made me delete my dining room from existence and then woke me up to help unload it" then I made her stand next to it to take the pic after she dried all the rain off.

If you can take the overflows out then take it off and clean it. since it is going to be moved from it's current location I would suggest to get some of those furniture sliders and slip them under the stand. Believe me it will make your life easier when it is time to move it to where you want it. I did it on my 120 and move that beast by myself from one room to another about 50 feet with 100 Lbs of sand in it and some water with ease. it's just like pushing a 100 lb on wheels.
GOOD LUCK!

If you can take the overflows out then take it off and clean it. since it is going to be moved from it's current location I would suggest to get some of those furniture sliders and slip them under the stand. Believe me it will make your life easier when it is time to move it to where you want it. I did it on my 120 and move that beast by myself from one room to another about 50 feet with 100 Lbs of sand in it and some water with ease. it's just like pushing a 100 lb on wheels.
GOOD LUCK!
wouldnt this damage the frame slightly Egh just wondering

The stand has 12 of those sliders on it, its the 30 feet from where the truck was to the house, the three steps up to the house and the 40 inch heigth of the stand that was hard. Sliding the stand is easy compared to that one man move with stand. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I go to the gym and lift pretty heavy but my arms are still small. I guess I will have to live with being "lean n mean"

Well Its 95% clean, it need some outdoor soaking time and wont get it for a few more weeks. Ive bought a skimmer(Huge 400-800gal rated) and a mag18 to run it, will be buying 3 250w Icecap ballasts and 2 Icecap 660s in a week or two, Ive bought a 55 gallon sump. Ive got a lead on 100lbs of live rock that might be bound to a rubbermaid for a while. I need to buy a couple of pumps and some PVC and plumbing pieces.

Im basically about half way through the buying cycle and am JUST PATIENTLY TAPPING MY TOES waiting to get moved into my new house. Hopefully by the end of the month. Getting impatient quickly though! haha

Dude I know Ive really been riding their ass lately! Gave my step dad a bunch of lighthearted ribbing for sitting around and not working on the house today actually~

Im afraid that we might have to SHARE the same living quarters again for a few week....that just gave me the willies! Havent lived with them in 8 years ITS GONNA BE TOTAL HELL!

Back