Tank Is Coming Along

tcarroll

Reefing newb
Worked on tank today,got some Live Rock from Loca FS,34lbs on top of a bed of LS.I put some Bio Spira in the water,the guy at LFS recomended it.Not sure if it will be worth what i paid for it or not.I have a question about my sump,in the future if i want to turn my Eshopps Wet Dry Filter into a Refugium also.How do i go about this with this type of sump or can it be done?

Thank's

Tim

always check online before just buying what the LFS suggests. Sometimes, they can be pushy but if you have patience just take down the info and check it out and if its ok then go back and buy it.

I agree ... there are a lot of people with a ton of experience on here that can help you out before you buy. If for nothing else just to get some opinions and ideas on what to do.

I think that the bio spira is used to help start your beneficial bacteria population. If that is so, you already had tons of good bugs on your LR and LS. It wont hurt anything by adding it though.

Brian

I think Bio Spira is similar to Bio Zyme, which I've used before to speed up the cycle. If it is the same stuff, I think it works great.

Bio Spira works great but don't look at it as instant cycle or maturity in your system.You will still need to be patient.Some wet/dry filters can be turned to a refugium.I'm not sure on the design of the Eshopps though.

Back