Tank List: Need Oppinions and Info

WarmSoda

Reefing newb
Ok, I'm in class and I thought I would post on my iPod.
My tank will begin it's time this Friday when my live rock comes in, and I wanted to get a solid copy of my bioload in the future. This is for my 65 gallon tank. So here we go...

2 Anthias
2 clarkii clowns
1 yellow tang
3 chromis
1 small wrasse
1 flame angel

So this is what I'm aiming for. I just have a few questions.
What kind of food should I get beside the raw shrimp? Are these fish going to be a problem besides the obvious angelfish eating a few softys or SPS? Could I add any more? if so, any sugestions?

65g as in 36x18x24? if that's the case I wouldn't put that yellow tang in there.

I use Rod's reef. you should be fine however with a nice mix of hikari or PE mysis, a bit of krill, and formulas 1 and 2.

+1 Nd
Even the smallest tangs need a tank thats at least 48" long.They are active swimmers that will quickly stress when cramped for space.

I need a bigger tank... :(

I think I'm gonna shoot for the Kole. If he is uncomfortable, then I'll be prepared to find him a new home.

Get a small Kole.That should give you time to upgrade tanks,which we all know is eventually going to happen:D

The stocking list sounds good to me. Make sure you have a good skimmer though, and keep up with water changes, and ideally, have a fuge running too, since that's tending to the overstocking side a bit.

The stocking list sounds good to me. Make sure you have a good skimmer though, and keep up with water changes, and ideally, have a fuge running too, since that's tending to the overstocking side a bit.

I'll runnin' on a DNW 110 Recirculating Octopus. Would that work ok? Also, I only have two K2's, but my output is really strong; Rio 2500. Think I'm ok?

I'll runnin' on a DNW 110 Recirculating Octopus. Would that work ok? Also, I only have two K2's, but my output is really strong; Rio 2500. Think I'm ok?

great skimmer. your flow is alright... but it really depends on what you want to keep.

and we're gonna need some pics :P

I hate to be the oposing opinion, But im going to have to say all your fish would prefer a bigger tank. I dont think a kole tang would be any better suited than a yellow. I have a hard time believing that a few inches will give the tang a panic attack. And last time I checked my tangs havent left me any post it notes that they wanted something! LOL! I have seen many a yellow tang in 40 and 55 gallon tanks that were perfectly healthy. I wouldnt go shopping for a 5" adult tang. But I wouldnt detur someone from buying a small 2" tang. They grow very slowly in captivity and you could keep one for years. I wouldnt take the chance however with the angel. This are just my opinions so dont send the tang police on me! LOL

Back