Tank of the month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Reefing newb
A friend mentioned an idea to me that I thought might work quite well. How about a tank of the month competition? You pick one picture of your tank and display it in that months thread, at the end there is a vote and the winning tank appears on the front page?

What do people think of that? :)

I don't know if we really have enough people on this forum to keep a "Tank of the Month" thing going for more than a few months... Maybe a "Picture of the Month" would be better so that even newbies with only a few things in their tanks could be "winners"?? It could be a picture of your fish, a coral, or whatever.

no pictures of algae can be nominated biff. we don't want to scare newcomers off when they open the home page a big glob of hair algae and bryopsis pops up in their face.

This may take a litter longer than I first thought, as I'm going to see if I can automate the task through coding :)

What task! Voting? If so It could be set up as a poll ! With the pics as the Questions . Vote for the one u like 1 Vote per person

I was going to make it so that people can upload the photos from the thread, and then the winner of the poll has their picture automatically uploaded. If I can't figure out how to automate it by the weekend, I'll just copy it over manually each month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back