Tank Progress Thread... My new Corals...

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
Ok, so I got hooked up at my LFS, I freaking should be for how much money I spend there... I acquired a fungia plate, Trumpet frags, a colony of zoo's on tonga branch, and a 14lb completely covered coraline figi with multiple mushrooms on it with serpent star and coral banded shrimp all for $50... Here are my pics... I know the plate should be on the substrate, but for lighting concerns is place on a flat rock...
Corals001.jpg

Corals003.jpg

Corals005.jpg

Corals004.jpg

Corals006.jpg

Corals007.jpg

Looks like you got some great deals.

But heres a word of warning:
If your plate coral injures its foot on the rock,It will most likely die.They like to be able to move around.

And keep a close eye on the coral banded,They are predators.And will stay true to their nature.And that includes eatting corals.

The plate will expand and contract. If it's not on the sand, like Yote said, it can easily tear its foot. Your lighting needs to be sufficient for it on the sandbed for you to be able to keep that coral.

Ok...He is not a coral banded... I was told that is what he was, but after what you said Yote, I looked him up and he is ddefinately a peppermint shrimp... So I should totally move the fungia plate to the substrate... Will do...Thanks!!!!

Piggy,The last pic is Zoanthids or zoos as a lot of people call them.

The 2nd from the bottom is candy cane or trumpet.

Back