Tank Progress Thread!! Thanks for all the help!!!

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
Ok, well for everyone that has given me advice over the last couple of weeks, let me say thank you so very much!!! I installed my DIY Fuge today20 gallon for my 60 gallon. Yesterday was spent plumbing it, but today it is finally finished. I had only two disasters which the fiance wasn't too happy about, but what are you gonna do? So I am going to post a before and after series... Let me know what you think!!! I had to drill the bulkhead in the side of the last compartment, that is the only thing I am not happy about but it works... Livestock will start to go in on monday... What do you think about this list...Not all at the sametime obviously...
6 blue/green chormis
2 scarlet skunk cleaner shrimp
not sure yet but 1 or 2 dwarf angels
clean up crew
P1000098.jpg

P1000151.jpg

P1000162.jpg

P1000163.jpg

P1000165.jpg

P1000166.jpg

Nice work. I like your aquascaping. only question is on the sump feed where the filter material is at. what safe guard do you have to prevent the return at the filter tube from plugging and overflowing???. Just wondering as I must have missed something here, otherwise very nice.

yeah my tank has been cycling for 3 weeks. Levels have been at 0 for 2 of those weeks thanks to all CLR over 100 lbs in total, including fuge and 40 lbs. LS... My question to all of you is what else can I put with the chromis? I plan on putting lots of mushrooms and soft corals, so no angels... Also my fiance doesn't like any tangs... What else would be good with the chromis and shirmp?

How about a pair of clowns?

I partial to the Black Percula Clownfish and Gold-Stripe Maroons.Better off buying Maroons as established mated pairs though.(They don't mate easily)

I dont know that I would add a tang,at least not yet.About anything will go with chromis.
Maybe a wrasse of some kind,gobys,blennies,clowns.

I don't have the lighting for an anemone though. Can you keep clowns without having anemones? I am sure you can, but wouldn't it be better to have them with their symbiotic anemone?

Clowns will be fine without their host anemones.Clowns are adaptive,many will find other corals to host.I had clowns host frogspawns,brains,mushrooms etc.Besides most of their host anemones like the Sebae Anemone is way,way to hard to keep.

I've even seen where clowns have hosted powerheads.
They dont need the anemone,and a lot of people actually have trouble getting there clowns to host in the anemones.

mine never would host my b.t.a. he eventually got sucked into a powerhead. my clowns do host the powerheads or sump returns. mostly at night.

Back