Tank question

grozier

something smells fishy
Looking to buy a 150g tank but it dont have overflows and the guy can't tell if it's tempered. Can you run a sump without overflows? Dont know the age of the tank but it's 250 bucks and it comes with a stand some lights and other misc items I could sell

Tank was built in 98 besides checking for leaks in the sides would there be a problem with it being that old. And would it have tempered glass

Long question needs help being answered, buying a150 g. tank and I want to put it on my main living level 2x10 joists 16"oc. The joists run the length of the tank i.e. only two joists will set under it. The joists run from the exterior wall to the beam 10' span roughly about 5' from the ex wall there is a wall in the basement that the floor joists set on top of and the studs are lined up with the joists. so the span is only 5'. I figure a6' by 2' foot print for easy math, so 12sqft and roughly 2500 lbs (hopefully high) thats like 208 pounds per square foot spread over two joists with the wall under the tank holding one end of the tank while the other end is supported by the ex wall (tank will be about 3"away from that wall). think it will hold?

Back