Tank Size

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
I have been doing a lot of research on starting a saltwater aquarium but am having a tough time deciding on which size I want to go with. I have been looking at some 29g tall and a 30g long but am also thinking about going with a 55g, this would be the biggest. I plan on having fish along with live rock/corals. Could some one please enlighten me on choosing the right size tank.

go bigger now or you will setup one up and want a bigger so i would do a 55gallon or atleast 75 if you can cause 75 gallon is deeper so you will have more room for live rock.

Yep definitely the bigger the better. Plus the larger the aquarium is, the easier it is to take care of (and the more forgiving it is -- more water to dilute out mistakes!).

Check out the bow fronts. they give you just a bit more depth which is nice. 46 to 70+ my recommendation. good luck keep us posted.

In this scenario bigger is much better more room for errors I learned that the hard way my first success was a ten gal yes it was sucessful but it was equally as stressful my experience with larger such as my 55's left me with much more hair at the end of the day! :P

Back