Tank stand

That is one of the best looking stands I've ever seen.
When you get done with Fish's,you can build me one.

Yeah, and it's built alot better too. I still can't believe it when I go into petsmart and see there 150 gal tank ontop of a presswood stand. IMHO thats just asking for trouble. Even if theres is wood and not press wood it's all held together by glue and staples.

I used a router for the tob and bottom trim. Using premade trim is the cheap way to go if you ask me. I built this all with screws except for the top and bottom frames which are held together with finishing nails but the sides also support them making a very strong stand. The fishtank is supported from the floor through the vertical braces that make up the sides and center brace. There are no gaps or places where load supporting wood is not connected to the floor.

So how much would you guys offer me for a stand? Just curious.

Massey

OK here are the last 2 pics till I get the fishies and other stuff for the tank. I hope you all enjoy, and thank you all for the compliments.

DSC_3809a.jpg

DSC_3810a.jpg

Massey

Wow, all solid wood construction. Even put in corner blocks and some cove molding. Plus mitered corners. Real wood working. Refreshing after looking at all the commercial cheap veneer covered particle board cored wood with all their butt joints and pneumatic staples and wire brads. Lots of screws, Yeah! Now a little stain and spar varnish, or some polyurethane. Great job! Now, to the military craft shop and you can even make raised panel doors and really blow the commercial units out of the water.

Back