Tank staying around 80 degrees

Washburn82

Reefing newb
With led's keeping my tank at a steady 78 was no problem. Since i have my T5's HO my tank seems to be stuck at 80 never gets over 81. I turned my heater down to around 75 and it still reads 80. turned it down more. still around 80. I have a closed plexiglass lid i made fits snug there are around 32 1/4 inch holes drilled in for gas escape and a few other little openings where i cut for my filter and skimmer. I dont like leaving the lid off unattened. Is this too hot for my fishies and inverts and corals? Or do i need to make some changes. Like maybe a mesh lid.

sorry mate. and thanks. There are so many mixed opinons online. Basic clean up crew cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, marble shrimp. nass snails and mexican snails and hermit crabs. Clown fish, what i believe is a steinitz goby. Red gargonian coral, devils hand and just added some zoas tonight, mushroom and green feather dusters is alls i gots.

mine is constant at 80.2 everything is good, i flipped out when it went up to 83 one day but that was the day the new lights were added lol

as long as no big swings are happening everything should be fine

Hey Jc what did you do when your tank was up to 83 because of your lights did you do anything specific to maintain your 80 after your new lights? I came home from work and my tank was 82 i completley removed my heater from my tank and its about 4 hrs later now and my tank is around 81 with no heater.. Is it possible my t5's are keeping my tank that warm on there own? Also i have a digital and Mercury thermometer.

i lowered the temp my heater was at , i used to have it set at 78 , now its at 75 ,the tank still stays at 80 lol

lol. Im going to have to find a happy medium here. Maybe heater off in the daytime and on at night im not sure. Im gonna do some close monitoring today to see how much it fluxuates throughout the night and when lights out to see what i can do.

mine stays at 82 and I have both heaters adjusted to 71 sitting inside the sump. I would like is a little lower but it the lowest the heaters will adjust to. I never see the heat light turn on (except water changes) I run LED light dont think that is the prob.

Back