Tank temperature

I gotta make a trip to local hardware store tomorrow for some washers anyways, I will check it out. It will still let light in and gasses and heat out?

Awesome thanks for the help, by far best forum I have been on with any of my hobbies. Hermit crabs are on and rocking and coral is too just the lawn mower and yellow head don't seem active until I throw some flake in there.

What I ended up doing was making a wood frame to mount my LEDs and moonlight to, got a 4" fan and cracked the lid. This keeps my temp around 78-80.

2mod1eq.jpg

This is my solution, working well

Simple, highly effective, have about a half hour into it. Got my LED strips mounted so that it doesn't shine my room like a dance rave, wires up out of the way also.

I live in an apartment building and it gets very warm during the summer. The apartment is so warm that we have never had to put on the heating... even when it was snowing outside during the mid winter. At the moment the temperature fluctuates anywhere from 75 deg up to 83 deg in the tank and we havent even hit the summer here yet. Im worried because anything above 83 deg can be very dangerous i have been told. What is the max temperature it can rise to before i need to do something drastic?

Thanks

Mine got as high as 88, the fan helps a TON. Or that egg crate stuff. Priced a piece custom cut for $15. You have lights or anything right on top of yours? My room in my apartment gets quite hot with my 42" flat panel and gaming computer going for hours at night gaming. But tank stays 78-80.

Banana Man - you should turn your heater up to about 80, and then attach a small desk fan to the top of the tank to cool the tank down. An 8 degree temperature change is very damaging to creatures

Stability is one of the most important things to aim for in a reef tank, any large change that happens fast (temperature, salinity, even things like calcium, pH, alk) can be detrimental to your critters.

Back