Tank Update with *Pics*

I really like the anthias too. I am going to get at least 1 more is not 2 more and that's it on the fish. I am in the process of buying sps and lps corals to get my reef tank to where I want it. I got some yellow polyps the other day along with a brain coral. I will post some pics tonight when i get home from work.

how you like your nova pro light, just put one on my 125 gallon a couple weeks back but gonna be ATI bulbs in it. Did you change your bulbs or you gonna use what you got. Tank looks great, i like vlamingi tangs but i got a blue jaw trigger and don't think 2 big fish in 125 good idea

The lights are great. I just love them. I am currently using the lights that the fixture came with, but I am looking to upgrade my bulbs real soon. If you have any suggestion on bulbs I am all ears.

i will post the bulb configuration that the grimreefer from rc suggested he is like the most respected on lighting advice. I look up my post and get back to you in a second.

new bulbs for nova fixture

Front
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Pro Color
ATI Actinic
ATI Aquablue
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue
back

this will give you a blue look to your tank but will make all your colors pop real well, with blues and pro color everything will really stand out

just in case to blue i'm gonna order 2 ATI special blue(12k) thats what i run right now in my other tx5 fixture 2 blue plus and 3 special blue.

I have an 8 bulb fixture. What would I add for the other two bulbs. That is only six? I am so so so lost on the light bulbs. I have been trying to read as much as possible, but there are so many options.

my nova pro has 6, but i would throw in another pro color and aquablue. He also said we could still use the blue actinic bulbs in fixture already instead of using the ATI blue plus but i have seen test results from different brand of t5 bulbs including usa current bulbs and ATI lights do get better penetration into tank, they were either even with other top brands but were better than currents bulbs. Oh yeah the aquablue are the 12k bulbs just looked it up there called aquablue special, i have 3 of them put out nice color i wanted
a 14k color over my other tank so 3 of them with 2 blue plus, might take one out and put back true actinic, had better color that way.

I am so so so lost on this lighting. Arggg. I e-mail a company called reefgeek to see if they could break it down for me. Thanks for the great info.

Back