tank upgrade

mikefight101

Reefing newb
i currently have a 10g tank and i just got a 20g tank, i have all the equipment i would need for the upgrade but i wanted to know if i put the water from the current tank in and added the other 10 gallons of water would it cause any sort of mini cycle or any problems? or would it be ok to put the fish and corals in right away and everything be good?

Then it should be okay to mix the water a day ahead and add it. I like to set a plastic bag or plate down and use a slow-moderate syphon so I dont disturb the sand too much.

ya I was thinking of getting a syphon before I do the switch. I always get my saltwater from my lfs so I would probably do that and then just slowly move everything over

ok so i think i have a new plan. im going to get new sand and get sw from my lfs, im gonna let it run for about a month and cycle (i have an extra filter and i'll put some live rock in there) then once everything cycles ill just move everything over from my 10 gallon to my 20 gallon. i have some questions though. i already have this powerhead in my 10 gallon
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036S70ZG/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]
and wanted to add another one to the 20 gallon but i was thinking of getting the next one up that is 750 gph. so should i have 2 450gph in the 20 gallon or 1 450gph and 1 750gph? thanks everyone!

Back