Tankedchemist -- pico contest

I got my tank. It is cute and neat. :D I already have the rock and sand (which have been in buckets since the move in August, so the cycle might take a while...)... can't wait for Monday so I can get the stuff in the tank and get it going.

also, does anyone know if a catalina or clown goby will pair up with a pistol shrimp? You know... hypothetically.

here are the empty pics:

empty-pico.jpg

date.jpg

I have filled it up, but have to wait for the sand to settle... more pics tomorrow.

Your tank has cleared up already! Nice job and I love the rocks. I posted this in rwynn's thread too, but if you turn the bracket that holds the light around so the screws are on the outside of the tank, you get better light coverage. Plus that's how the pic on the box shows it! :lol:

I was looking at the light, and as is, the light goes from the left edge to about 2 inch short of the right edge...if I flip it around then the margins will be the same in total, just shifted over about 1.5 inches... :)

I like it flipped.... so I flipped it. :D thanks biff.

what kind of heaters are you guys using? the one I bought doesn't heat AT ALL. it's a hydor nano something or other, and I think I already threw out the box so I can't return it :(

Last edited:
I haven't added a heater. I was going to bring a thermometer into work while it's cycling to gauge how the temperature swings for the next week or so. Is anyone else using heaters?

even when my house temp is 75 (way too hot for me), the tank sits at 68 maximum, which is clearly way too cold. I shudder to think how low it would get without a heater this winter...

Back