tanks

scoobiedooiscool

Reefing newb
wow i have had my tanks for along time and have just been winging it with everything. guess i never realized how much everyone studies everything before doing it. the only bad things i have had happen so far is some red alge and my tang dieing.i never really thought much about how to feed corals and fish i just put cap fulls of stuff in and a frozen cube of something and flakes. now i feel like an idiot compared to you guys. really the only thing i ever ask about is should it go in my reef tank or mean fish tank. lol now comming here and reading everything i am getting freaked out about what all could go wrong.

I know what you mean,,,,I had freshwater tanks for 10 years.All I did was water changes once a month.(drag the hose pipe inside and fill up what i took out plus the chlorine remover)Thats it..LOL... And I was pretty sucsessful ....Now I read tons of saltwater forums and DAMN,,,It is so complicated sometimes..I'm holding up so far,and my tank is beautiful,but i havn't had a major problem yet,,Knock on wood...The only thing i'm dealing with now is long brown stringy algae...I guess I need more cleanup crew

hair alge

we have a blennie he takes care of the hair alge for our tank. hey has anyone ever gotten sand dollers for their tank? i seen some and thought about buying a few, but i have never heard of anyone having them so i dont know if its a good thing or bad.

Dont worry to much just buy test kits for everything and test test test its not that hard if you have good people to learn from and actually help to EXPLAIN . :beerchug: I think for the last two or three years all I did was worry and never sat down to enjoy its kinda like I was missing the whole point its suppose to releave stress not cause stress as my doctor tells me.lol :pissedof:

Wow amonya,I was reading your post,and GEEZ,I need to take a break..I think I been so worried about what I been reading,spending hours messing and checking everything and not enjoying what i created.Dammit,you know what I'm gonna do,,,I'm going to sit I front of my tank instead of the back of the tank,AND ENJOY IT...

my, my, my. I think everyone needs to take a breath and relax. The articles are base lines, and items of experianced reefers that have an opinion. With all the questions that are asked, articles are a good way to provide general anwsers to the million questions that crop up every day. So spend time infront of your system and inspect and watch your system until you know it and all the animals very well. you do not need to do anything unless your system tells you that some thing is not being done or not being done correctly. You then will want to seek out the information that will satisfy your particular situation. Remember IF IT IS NOT BROKE, DO NOT BREAK IT. Have fun and dont get too excited or stressed out over this stuff. Read for fun and to learn other opinions but remember if your system is acceptable to you then just have fun and enjoy. Along your reading travels, if you read an article and it makes sense to you, maybe you will want to incorporate it into your way of maintaining your system. if so go slow and try it out. if you get good results you can stay with it. happy fishin

neglect

i was reading a few posts about how you shouldnt do things like spray air freashiners, burn candles, smoke, let kids touch tank ect.. and we do all the above and more lol i must have some brave fish and corals hehe. i babysit for 7 kids and they all love the tanks we have, and i love that when the baby is crying or someone needs time out i sit them by the tanks and the mellow right out its like a natural calming drug for kids and adaults. i really think the fish like the kids too they follow their little fingers all over the glass its like they are palying with them. and then i do anouther bad thing and spray windex on the glass to clean it lol. guess i'm a bad fish mommy.lol :death:

leave all the worry to me thats all i do but its ok i really love this hoppy :regular_w will try with my son the sit him down next to the tank great idea

Last edited:
frag swaps

have any of you ever gone to wisconsin in reinlander for dr fosters and smiths frag swap? i have never gone to a frag swap before and dont know what to expect.

x-mas tree rocks

:question: where is a good place to find x mas tree rocks i have a rock with 8 trees on it and i just love them i need more. lol also do any of you have sand dollars in your tanks? i have been thinking about getting some of those but have never heard anyone talk about them.

thanks

i do buy alot of stuff from them (cause i live so close) but i really wish they had eye it buy it on the x-mas tree rocks. i want to make sure i get a couple of new colors.

Back