TaoTronics 120W LED lights

That's definitely too long, you only want your lights to run 8-12 hours a day. If you want your tank to be lit later then you can start it later. When I ran my tank I had the lights come on at 11am and went out at 11pm so I could enjoy the tank for a while after I got home from work.

that sounds great and thanks for the advice! Does my color plan sound right? blues, then blues and whites, then just blues again before blackout?

Hi,

Are you planning on putting any SPS in your tank eventually? I would like to hear how it goes if you do because I was looking at these lights. I hope you keep this thread updated :)

Hi,

Are you planning on putting any SPS in your tank eventually? I would like to hear how it goes if you do because I was looking at these lights. I hope you keep this thread updated :)

Im going to take it slow, as hard as it will be. But to answer your question, yes I hope to grow all sorts of things including sps down the road!

So we are almost at 1 week and so far so good. Lights are on a timer and running total for 9 hrs a day. (blues only for 2 of those) I am very please that there is absolutely no heat when they have been ran all day. I did return the coral life timer I bought and put them on ones from Home Depot.

Attachments

• lights finished.jpg
    lights finished.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 943
Nice, but why do you only have the blues on for two hours a day? It is my understanding that zooxanthellae respond well to the blue light spectrum (~475nm range). You might want to keep those blues going when you start stocking with corals...

I agree run the blues for an hour in the morning then all the lights for the 9 hours then back to just the blues for an hour before shutting them all down.. the blues to start the day and finish it will resemble sunrise and sunset for the coral (when you start them).

Ohhh... sorry I misread that. I thought you meant blues for only two hours, but you meant exlusively blues for two hours. I apologize I was very tired when I read that post.

Just e-mailed the ebay seller about how to take care of warranty should it arise. Will post feedback when they respond. Also I noticed these lights have been lowered to $150.88 a fixture! Searching their selling history they are selling quite a few of them and have superior feedback as a seller. If you did choose to purchase these I would buy them from ebay seller (trustpick).

Lights are still running strong! eBay seller said to contact them for any warranty issues. I won't know if that's any good until I try it. I'm hoping to put in a anenome next week. I'll post before and after pics. Have a great night everyone.

Heres a current front view with the lights. My phone camera doesnt take the best pictures, sorry.

Attachments

• front tank all fish.jpg
    front tank all fish.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,556
Over 3 months of operation and the lights are working great! Doughnut, trumpet and Duncan corals are all doing great. The trumpet has split heads and the duncan is currently popping 6 new heads! Seabae and Condy anenome seem to enjoy them as well! I hope you have good luck with them too!

Back