TaoTronics 120W LED lights

I'd like to ask a question or two. Can you post the actual measurements of the unit? I'm having a real tough time finding a unit, of any kind of light, that will fit in my canopy. I have a standard 90 tank. How far off of the water did you hang yours?

It's been awhile how are the lights doing are you still happy, and how has your corals been doing with the new lights?

Thanks for your post it was helpful

It's been awhile how are the lights doing are you still happy, and how has your corals been doing with the new lights?

Thanks for your post it was helpful

Lights are still working wonderfully! I couldnt be happier with them at the present time. My corals seem to be very happy. Currently in the tank I have a dougnut coral, trumpet coral, duncan, seabae anemone, and if I remember correctly a sponge coral? The duncan has one head when I purchased and now has about 10-12 new ones. The dougnut coral has produced about 3 new "eyes." And the trumpet coral went from 3 heads to 6 heads.

Thanks could you tell me what the distance is from the water to the lights

Someone on another forum said that they would only support softies but your LPS are doing great, so many different suggestions out there I really want to make the right decision so confusing thanks again for your post

Thanks for the update necat.
I am using similar fixtures, but off-brand and dimmable.
I am always interested to see other people's experience with this type of fixture so I will know what to expect should there be any issues in the long run.

Are you able to confirm if this has improved your energy consumption, AKA, your utility bill? How did you acclimate your corals to the new lighting? Thanks for keeping us all updated. Ultimately, what lead you to choose the TaoTronics, over some other type?

Are you able to confirm if this has improved your energy consumption, AKA, your utility bill? How did you acclimate your corals to the new lighting? Thanks for keeping us all updated. Ultimately, what lead you to choose the TaoTronics, over some other type?

I'm not sure of power usage as I didn't have other lights above the tank for only a couple weeks. I used trial and error to acclimate. I should have started at the bottom but thought the lights weren't very powerful due to others negative comments. My mistake. Price is why I bought these lights. And I'm still happy I did!

Here are a few updated pics. These are from my phone so quality is not the best. As stated previously the duncan heads and trumpet head have grown new. I couldnt get a pic of the new eyes on the doughnut coral. Also the pic of just the rocks is to show the coraline algae on them. These rocks were white when I put them in. No additives in this tank at all.

Attachments

• Trumpet Coral.jpg
    Trumpet Coral.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,013
  • New Duncan.jpg
    New Duncan.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 1,045
was just wondering how those lights are working for you now, still happy or have you moved on? i only ask b/c i've been looking at fixtures and for the price, these look the best. also, your's is the longest running review i could find.

Im actually looking into these soon, When i get my TAXES. i need 3 units and im on a budget so that why im looking into these. Do you think they are worth it ???? Im looking to have a mainly LPS tank with some SPSand clams, im currently doing clams and 1 sps with PC lights and everything looks good still but want to upgrade. Im like in 600$ budget range.

I'm interested to see how it goes also. I'll be following. I'm buying reefbreeders soon and everyone says they're a little brighter than the taotronics. It will be interesting to see.

I have been running one on my 65g since I started a few months ago. This is how I mounted it on the canopy I had built. About 10 inches off of water. Sits in a frame I built with an acrylic sheet to protect from water. I had bought this on Ebay has exact specs as taotronics but no brand name on unit for alot less and is dimmable. Has been working so far but other than my fish I only have a few corals and a bunch of clams that came on my live rock. Has a 28/27 mix.

Attachments

• LED Light.jpg
    LED Light.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 564
I have been running one on my 65g since I started a few months ago. This is how I mounted it on the canopy I had built. About 10 inches off of water. Sits in a frame I built with an acrylic sheet to protect from water. I had bought this on Ebay has exact specs as taotronics but no brand name on unit for alot less and is dimmable. Has been working so far but other than my fish I only have a few corals and a bunch of clams that came on my live rock. Has a 28/27 mix.

As you can see from the picture, I haven't put a back on the canopy yet so you can see the light on the back wall from the unit.

Back