Taotronics LEDS

Mattyice008

Reefing newb
Pretty sure I'm going to be getting 2 of these for my 70gal in about a month.
Does anyone know if there is a dimmable version anywhere? I've heard rumors.

There are dimmable versions out there.
The thing is that most of these are off-brand products so it is hard to pin down a specific vendor with a track record.

Here are some ebay examples. They look like what I am currently using but not the exact same one.

120 Watt DIMMABLE coral reef LED fixture 120w white blue grow light | eBay

Led Aquarium Lights 120 Watt (55X3W) DIMMABLE | eBay

And this one advertised as "Same as TaoTronics, just dimmable".
120 Watt DIMMABLE coral reef LED fixture 120w white blue grow light | eBay

If you look closely, they all seem to use casings made for TaoTronics. Maybe the casing wholesaler decided to expand his market.

I have only had this type of light for about a week so I am not yet certain how it will work out long term. Nor can I recommend these to anyone yet.

If you have your heart set on buying off-brand, do your research and due diligence to make sure you get the best performer.

The taotronics cannot work with aquarium cool reef tank blue and also it is energy wasteful old generation device rather you have better LED light fixtures that use less energy and lasts longer. The taotronic LEDs uses too many emitters for the average depth they are used for and thus lacking the photosynthetic response.

The taotronics cannot work with aquarium cool reef tank blue and also it is energy wasteful old generation device rather you have better LED light fixtures that use less energy and lasts longer. The taotronic LEDs uses too many emitters for the average depth they are used for and thus lacking the photosynthetic response.

I am confused by pretty much all of your posts. You say this now, but a couple days ago, you said this:

You can well opt for taotronic lights as they saves the energy consumption or t5 lights if cannot afford for those. These are increasing their popularity with their effective features such as less heat propagation and of low cost.

What gives?

Back