Tap/hard water

moncapitane

Reefing newb
On the tank that I got on craigs list, it seems there is either hard water or super dry glue on the inside of the tank. What would be the best way to get rid of this? I tried window cleaner, ajax powder, plastic scrubber. Anyone else have any ideas?

Yes, its glass and it is still there even after filling it up with water all the way. I got some of it off, but I think that was something else. Thats why I am thinking it is old glue from tape or something.

Razor blade was gunna be the next choice. Not sure if I have one sitting around here though. Already tried some spray stuff that had bleach in it.

I would fill it up with hot water and vinegar and let it sit...after a hour or so, while the water is still in there, try scraping it off with the blade. Good luck.

Also if you've used all those cleaners on your tank, you're going to need to rinse it really REALLY well before it will be safe.

Erin, thanks for the information. I am not any where near putting anything in my tank yet. It will probably be cleaned three or 4 times before I get to that point. Smitty, I will try that tomorrow. Thanks y'all.

I figured out how to get it clean. I used some lime away and it worked perfectly. Now I just need to know how to make 10000% sure its safe before adding anything it it. I rinsed it out for a while but I am not sure that is enough.

Back