tap water?

EmperorLay

Reefing newb
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guy's, I just started my new 135 gallon tank and used tap water.I was going to use saltwater from this local store but it would have cost 150$ to have the guy come over and put it in. I said forget that so I went ahead and used tap. This isn't my first tank, I have a 30 gallon reef, so I know how bad tap is, but I just couldn't do 150$. Isn't it only really bad if you use tap in a tank that is already established, it should be alright for a brand new tank, right ? Oh yeah, I also poured a bottle of ammonia detox in. Should I be running the uv during the breakin process? Thank's in advance! Adam

You do not need to run uv during break in, but since you used tap water I would recommend it. also forgive me but in moving your post to the articles forum i inadvertantly deleted the wrong tap water post. so the responses are gone too. hopefully others will repost here. sorry for any inconveniance welcome to the forum and the site.

jhnrb said:
You do not need to run uv during break in, but since you used tap water I would recommend it. also forgive me but in moving your post to the articles forum i inadvertantly deleted the wrong tap water post. so the responses are gone too. hopefully others will repost here. sorry for any inconveniance welcome to the forum and the site.

thank's:mrgreen:

Back