Taptalk Availability?

I've been looking in to this a little more today, and I'm going to hold fire for a while before installing this as it looks like there are plugin updates all the time to fix security issues. This does look like a really useful tool and something that would be great to add, I just want to wait till it's a mature application when most of the bugs have been worked out :)

oh and Ian thank you for looking into this and considering it for us. I really hope its stable enough soon to where you are comfortable enough with putting it on LR

Ian mentioned in the server update thread that he would take a look at it again next month.
I hope he decides to add it! It works GREAT in two other large internet forums I'm using it on. It's makes browsing on your smart phone sooooooooooo much better!

I'm away for most of this week, but I'll take a look at it over the next couple of weeks :) I'm concerned about the security aspect of things, as I wouldn't want to find it opens lots of holes in the server.

I promise I will look in to it soon (hopefully in the next couple of days, certainly in the next couple of weeks).

It looks like users have to pay to use the tapatalk application (unless it is read only), so an alternative would be to use a mobile style on the forums - which would be free to all. It is easy to make it so that a button appears on the home screen of the iPhone that would link directly to this version. :)

I've now added the custom icon code so that you can have living reefs on your iphone/ipod home screen with a proper icon - just follow these instructions to add it :) Add A Custom iPhone Home Screen Icon

I'll hopefully get a chance to investigate the tapatalk code tomorrow, if not I'll do it when I return next Monday :)

You do have to pay but it's cheap and totally worth it. Some of us already have it. :)
And it works better than any other mobile website i've seen, and it keeps all tapatalk websites in one app. Less work for you too.
Thanks!

I've been working on tapatalk this morning and it is causing major problems with the plugins we use on the forum :(

If I use the 'DISABLE_HOOKS' option, then it allows me to browse, but disables so many parts of the functionality that messes up the site.

I'm going to speak to another forum owner I know that uses it and see if he can work out a way round this.

If it involves removing any features from the normal view then I won't be able to install it, but if there is a way to get it to run alongside ok then it should be fine. :)

Does tapatalk have a contact you may be able to reach out to also? They may have run into this problem before with the large amount of forums using it.

Back