Target feeding and trapping

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
I'm curious what everyone's come up with as far as target feeding some of their livestock, and how some of you have baited and trapped your fish.

I was going to try to catch my firefish (which I've named in a previous post as Suspect #1 for nipping the other firefish's poor fin). But he escapes into the rocks so fast if I just stand in front of the tank. I don't want to dismantle my oh-so-prefectly laid out aquascaped lr. I've got a couple of ideas in my head, but I am not sure sure if it will work --like taking glad tupperward and lid, making a hole large enough for the fish to get in, put food in it, and just put it in front of its cave. then maybe a stick attached to it to pull it out quickly once I get it. Or I could just put a net on either side of his cave's entrance and hope he darts out LOL

As for target feeding, I figure I could take more small tupperware and put food in there for the shrimp.

Ideas, anyone?

i just used the coke bottle method and it worked great. i had a red-spotted hawkfish that was causing problems with my inverts and lawnmower blenny. the bottle was in there for 10 minutes or so before he got trapped in it. just put some rocks or sand in it to weigh it down.

Hey, that coke bottle idea sounds good, too. I'll just have to situate it right in front of its cave, so hopefully the other firefish and the clowns don't try to get in.

I would say "Stupid firefish", but he's not so stupid LOL

I only did a half a$$ed attempt to catch suspect #1, but I'll try harder tomorrow. The bugger darts into his caves when I go near the tank, even with food! I swear he knows that I'm trying to get just him, because the other one he attacked, Stumpy, doesn't dart away when I go near. He knows he's about to be put in solitary!

i brought this up a while ago, i have a theory that fish know when your coming after them because when you put a net in the water only the fish that you wanna catch runs and hides

Back