TDS reading of RO/DI water

No, not on well water. I am going to clean out the barrel and add more RODI water and re-test. Thx for you input. Get back to you soon.

I tested my other barrel of RODI water. That has a reading of 029. Is that better? I think the initial barrel had some salt residue in it from my last saltwater batch.

I believe I calibrated my meter before taking TDS reading. I put end of probe into the calibration fluid and set it to 769 which is the ppm needed for the temp of my water, 74 degrees.
I put some tap water into a glass. It read 180. The reading of 029 came from a brand new RO/DI 5 stage device.

you should toss the first 3 or 4 gallons everytime if the water sits in the unit for very long it gets what is called TDS creap the numbers will rise just sitting there but after the water runs for a bit the TDS will drop back down.

But if I fill my barrel with water to prepare for my pwc and keep the flow in it with a powerhead or two will it still form TDS creep?

Oh, I am sorry for misunderstanding. So, the water that stays in my barrels will be okay if it sits for a while? If the unit itself isn't used like for a week or so, that is where the creep builds up. Okay, so each time I start up the unit after sitting I am to toss the first 3-4 gallons away. Got it!! Thanks again for your help.

Back