Team Seahorse Contest Deco

Shot the deco this evening. Had a lot of fun with the wonky curve:

5155711207_ebfff2e94f_z.jpg

You can see some of the really great Tampa Bay Saltwater macro.

5156320952_5cffd9d1ac_z.jpg

I'm dosing the tank with greenwater 2x daily. Also adding selco and some of Dan's enrichment to feed the pods I put in there the other day. I added a thermometer today. Measured it through out the day and it stayed at 78 without the lid on. Yay

the tank looks awsome, mine isn't even wet yet. :( anywho, are you sure that is the 3 gallon ? it looks awful short in that last photo, either way great job.

geez P, way to blow us all out of the water!!!!

your tank looks so awesome, im turning such a brilliant shade of green as i type this

sweet!! Are you using a heater to have such a high temp? If so, what kind of heater?

It's the little sized heater from WalMart. I'll check it through the night tonight but I've got the thing right next to a window, I'm sure I'll have trouble in a month or two when the temps drop below 0.

C

So, I made a set of tiny tank cleaning tools for the tank. I also worked a bit on the glass panels for the stand.

Since the deadline for adding stuff has been extended, I can back off on my dosing, which is a good thing. This morning I added just a smidge of Dan's enrichment and it mucked up my water very much! I'm going back to simply tiny doses 2x daily of greenwater. I haven't noticed a significant growth of my pods yet. I'm going to order my live mysids around the first of December so hopefully I can have a nice mucky soup going for them before that.

The green macro I got from TBS isn't doing well at all. My brown stuff, which is my favorite, is looking good so far. Whew!

I'm thinking about adding micro hermits. Hmmmmmmmm......

C

So this morning when I turned on my lights, I saw a bunch of bugs! WooT. Most of the macro is doing good. I added a few asternia snails and one micro hermit. Still dosing 2x daily with greenwater and added a bit of vibrance 1 to the mix this morning.

C

Catherine, will you tell/show us your tiny tank cleaning tools? I have been trying to figure out what I was going to use.

Catherine, will you tell/show us your tiny tank cleaning tools? I have been trying to figure out what I was going to use.

Yes please!

My LFS has a tiny MagFloat, but I don't know if I need it. So far, I've been using a plastic spoon with a paper towel taped to it to clean the inside of the tank.

As you wish!

Biff, I looked at the mag floats but I skipped them because I hate having something in the tank all the time. Plus, this tank is so tiny, I didn't want to give up the real estate.

I'm using 2 tools right now (it's only been a week so nothing really needs cleaning)

Here's both of them:
5164195537_bf56f79b4a_z.jpg

The long acrylic I got from my LFS for 1.99. I really love it because I need to move the macro around to stop dead spots. Plus, the macro is making a bunch of air bubbles so I use it to knock them off.

The second one I made using a chop stick and a piece of sponge I cut up. I sanded the chop stick to make it rough, then glued it with super glue. I stuck a blob of aquarium safe silicone in there to hold everything all together. I'm only using the soft yellow bit of sponge on the sides cause it's acrylic, you know?

Another shot:
5164196007_2be0a37cb6_z.jpg

Here they are in action:

5164197001_91369d4631_z.jpg

5164802166_1667edbdb0_z.jpg

I imagine I'll need to tweak them once I actually get muck in there.

C

I have an extra set of drain cleaners which are bendable with a little scrubber pad on the end. I was leery of using those because I didn't want to scratch the plexi. I also thought about getting a couple of the wood handled painting sponges. I think your's will be more sturdy, though.

Back