Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

If you lived closer I'd give you a colony of zoas that I don't want anymore and a few frogspawn/torch frags to help you get back up and going. Unfortunately, texas is one hell of a hike :(

My mandarin is MIA...half the zoahs arent opening but at least arent melting. Right now I am just testing and letting it ride. Not much else I can do. The green star polyps arent opening either....I thought those could live through anything....:dunno:

"It’s always darkest just before the dawn”

I'd love some frogspawn frags lol... Ship me some Anthony. I only live like 2 states over :P

Haha, if you wanna wait a few months till I got a few extra heads on them, if you're willing to take a trip up here with a bucket and a heater, I'll hook you up with a few for free :). At that point they should each have about 6-8 heads so I wouldn't mind giving you a few of each. Also, at that point my zoa colonies will have expanded as well and I could give you some frags of them. I also have green and white star polyps and a gon that I'm nervous as hell to even attempt fragging lol. In a few months we'll talk more via private messages and if you're serious about coming up to get em, I got no probs hooking you up :)

Ok....well a lot has changed in my life and my tanks life. I am in a stable relationship and have moved. So the tank made a move....good news is she loves fish keeping, bad news is the tank looks awful. I have a major hair algae issue, which is understandable. My old T5 light bit the dust so I went with a led Light I am not made of money so I went with the 36 to 48 inch Current USA orbit Marine. Should do fine for my tank because I dont want difficult corals. Tank and new light have been up and running for about three weeks. I brought as much water from the old location as possible and rinsed the heck out of the sand. I expected a minni cycle and got one. My one remaining fish is the purple dotty back...mean little shit attacks everything, only remaining corals are the frilly mushrooms that look like cotton balls...they are slowly recovering. My entire CUC was gone before the move. Added 3 mexican turbos. 4 Astra, 10 hermits about 5 days ago. Was talking to my LFS and he recommended 3 emerald crabs to help eat up the algae also started running chemi-pure elite to take care of the excess phosphates and silicates. So now I wait out the destruction of the hair algae as bad as these pictures look it is about a 40% improvement from a few days ago. I will do my best to keep up this thread and look forward to catching up with everyone again.
040.jpg
041.jpg
042.jpg
043.jpg
044.jpg
045.jpg

Glad to have you back lol. Are you running a sump on this set up? If so, check out some youtube videos on DIY Algae scrubbers. They are great for getting rid of excess phosphates.

Hi ted! You and I are in the same boat, tank wise. You came oht od a bad relationship. I remember your troubles then. You had nowhere to go but up. :)

Yes I have a sump with a protein skimmer rock rubble and chaeto, The tank stand is very narrow so space is limited. No room for reactors, I was thinking of a algae scrubber but cant figure out where to put it. I really dont want to have it in the display.

Yes things have made a big turn for the better for me.

If you can spring for it, they sell a floating one that just sits in the sump (internally) and just floats across the top. Helps with sumps that have very little spare room

I started running chemi-pure elite, replaced my clean up crew and got new cheato and new bulb in the fuge...

Back