Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

Ok well the move is made. I used all the water from my other tanks plus 15 gallons. All the live rock has been moved. Everything is up and running and I need to take off for work.

Attachments

• photo(49).jpg
    photo(49).jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 305
Its now 3:30 am just got in from work and the tank is much more settled. Even better no water on the floor so I guess I figured it out. :bounce:Took a few more pictures, first is with the room lights on, second is with the room lights off and the third is just the night lights on in the tank. I really need a real camera. :grumble:

Attachments

• photo(50).jpg
    photo(50).jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 358
  • photo(51).jpg
    photo(51).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 285
  • photo(52).jpg
    photo(52).jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 292
Looking sharp Ted you'll have a reef in no time :D... do you have any idea as to what corals you will want to have when it comes time?

Mainly zaohs and mushrooms. Maybe a few other softies. Dont have the the power on the lights for sps.

With my quad odyssea I was had the ability to keep favia and birdsnest I'm also right now keeping tooth coral and purple meteor shower on top of hammer and Dublin and candycane. I had an acro that I ended up selling to a friend for gas money and that did just fine also. You'd be surprised at what you can keep. I have to add I did not use the stock bulbs I uses 12k ATI bulbs. 1x true blue plus 1x purple plus 2x 12k daylight I'd check deeper in to it ;)

Ok just because i feel like it here is another pic of the tank. Ran tests today and everything came up 0 still. I am thinking that just maybe I wont have a cycle. I did use all my seasoned LR and all the tank water from the other tanks plus 15 gallons. Its a good thing if I dont have a big cycle because I didnt have any where to keep the only surviving corals I have. Some mushrooms, They look better now actually. I re did a little bit of the rock today. I think it looks better but I plan on getting some more rock. It just looks empty to me. Btw I went with all new sand. First didnt want to have all that gunk in the new tank and second I think the black sand looks cool.

Attachments

• photo(53).jpg
    photo(53).jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 647
Huge fan of black sand also the cycle (JMO) but I'd hold a just a touch longer just to be safe your rock work looks nice can't wait to see it as a reef. :D a great rebuild so far Ted.

Was a busy day for me...Had to take my daughter to the er. She is going to be ok turns out she just strained her muscle really bad. I had to have ex rays just to make sure. On the tank front. I got my power heads in. I also went to the lfs and had him double check my water. It tested perfect there also. I was going to pick up some base rock he sells for $2 a pound. Thats when my fish guy informed me he would let me have any of the live rock out of his "not as nice" live rock tank for $2 a pound...So I bought four more rocks. I think I have plenty of rock now. Will include a pic of my sump for the heck of it.

Attachments

• photo(55).jpg
    photo(55).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 304
  • photo(56).jpg
    photo(56).jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 478
  • photo(57).jpg
    photo(57).jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 393
Still looking good, didnt cycle. The one snail is trucking along the shrooms look better the ever...I think it time to go shopping.....:bounce:
photo59.jpg

Back