Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

OK so after spending the last three hours trying to take a decent picture then fighting with the stupid internet connection. I can finally upload some crappy pictures of the corals that dont look like are doing so well....FML
phone011.jpg
phone021.jpg
phone013.jpg
phone015.jpg
phone017.jpg
phone020.jpg
phone023.jpg
phone031.jpg
phone029.jpg
phone028.jpg

Here are some pics of the corals I have had in the tank...
phone033.jpg
phone039.jpg
phone035.jpg
phone037.jpg
phone045-1.jpg
phone041.jpg
phone044.jpg
at least these are doing well....

I don't know much about corals, yet. But, I hope the new ones get better for you. Most of your pictures came out good, too!!

I think my biggest issue is the new ones are just so friggen little...very hard to place and when I do think I have a spot along comes a snail or crab and sends it for a tumble. The one ric some how got off of the fishing line it was tied to a piece of rubble with and is now down in a hole in a bigger rock. I think I will leave it in there and see what happens, at least it wont float away. I think I just need to leave them alone and wait and see. I found another rock with bubble algae coming back on it so its now in the back yard. Must have been 20+ little bubbles. I dont think that rock is going to make it back into the display. I re did the look of the aquascape and I think I like it better with out it. Leaves me a good spot for another large mushroom rock. I will look around in the next few weeks and see if I can find one local. This has frustrated me to the point that I will probably not buy any more frag packs. Instead of my tank calming me I have been on the verge of extreme violence...I dont like feeling that way. So I will buy bigger colonies from now on and if I have to pay for a little shipping so be it.

very nice :) Those orange ones are wow. I usually super glue my new frags down because my clownfish is an asshat and loves to hide and kill my frags.

Ya i am thinking I need to get some rubble and glue them..I got a email from reefs to go apologizing for the screw up in shipping. Asking me what made it or didnt. Would be nice if I could get replacements for the stuff that didnt open or was just well a shriveled mess.. I responded to them tonight so i guess we will see..

I use the JB waterweld putty to secure frags to rocks, works great and is so easy to use.
Good luck with customer service, crossing my fingers for you.

I still have three that have never opened one that melted into nothing those where all zoahs. The green stripped shroom has shriveled up to the size of the head of a pin. The red shroom is right next to it and is open the size of a nickle. The green shroom had very little water in the bag was leaking in the package.

Ok got another e mail from Megan at reefs to go..They are going to resend the complete order...Now that is customer service!....Looks like they made a life long customer out of me...

The replacement order is suppose to be here Tuesday...I went ahead and took a few pics of the tank now for a little update.
100_1702-1.jpg
100_1701.jpg
100_1708.jpg
100_1688-1.jpg

Oh my little ricordia mushroom is missing...I had it in a hole on a small rock, seemed to be doing really well, now cant find it...When the order comes in Tuesday I am going to super glue everything....will have some different colored zoahs on the same rocks. Maybe if and when they grow out will have some interesting combos....Little frags are going to be the death of me...Next purchases will not be small frags....

replacement order will be here before 10:30am....I should be in bed so I will be awake when the ups guy shows up.....

Back