Teds 45 gallon mixed reef

The reef keeper unit is in route, did a water change today and lowered the level on my sump. Getting tired of always having to top off so that the skimmer is pulling...Since I will have a ATO soon...figured I would change that.. Now the skimmer is in a constant level section..Also went to the LFS today, got credit for a good size ball of cheato...which paid for 5 gallons ro/di water and 5 gallons saltwater. Went ahead and had them run a test on the tank and everything is 0...salt was a smige high. PH 8.1 I can live with that...

Ok well the ups guy was walking up as I was headed to work. So I didnt get a chance to open the box until I got home. Got off at 3am and of course came home to play with my new toys. I must have the reverse midas touch. I went with marine depot because they had the unit with the SL 1 unit and a free ph probe for basically what bulk reef was selling the unit + a separate SL 1 unit and no probe...Guess what there wasnt a ph probe in the box. :grumble: I sent marine depot a email asking about where the ph probe is. I will let you know what they say. Hopefully I will be able to actually install the controller in the next few days. When I do I will try making a how to video.

Marine depot emailed me apparently all the units they got if from Digital Aquatics where missing the ph probes. They are sending the probe on Monday. So I get to wait for the UPS man again. Not a huge deal makes you wonder who checked in there shipment though. Somebodies getting a ass chewing I would think. :shock:

Ok finally had some time to install the reefkeeper. Ato is set up, heater is controlled, fan is set to come on if it gets to hot, and it will turn on and off the refugium light. Still need to figure out how to calibrate the ph probe. The skimmer, power heads and hob filter are all on a separate power switch, that way I can just click those off for feeding times. Main pump, lights and aqualifter pump are now on a surge protector that I installed on the outlet. So, with all that done this is the best protected system I have ever had (knock on wood) Will try and get some pics for a update soon.

A few pics from the tank tonight.
IMG_0520_zpsf887efd9.jpg
IMG_0527_zps0f24e4ef.jpg
IMG_0519_zps6c5a196f.jpg
IMG_0535_zps0f50251a.jpg
IMG_0511_zpsc61a29be.jpg

I have some more snails coming from reef cleaners, they are suppose to ship today. I emailed them with what I had and went with there suggestion.

what's the name of the coral in the first picture? that looks like the one I just got and am trying to identify? Pictures are great...what camera are you using? I need to get a better one myself....

Back