Teds fowlr to reef

Ted

Living one day at a time
Ok heres a few pic to stat off with. First one was on the 4th of July second one is today when i changed the aqua scape, This is going to be a work in progress first need to change lighting. not much in it just 5 green cromis and a few snails and crabs

Attachments

• fish tank July 4th.jpeg
    fish tank July 4th.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,812
  • kdk_0174.jpeg
    kdk_0174.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 2,040
Last edited:
next will be lights. will be interesting with one son in college, another in H.S. and daughter in middle school gotta do this on a extreme budget lol should be lots of fun. :bounce:

I keep looking on ebay all i ever seem to come up with are the odyssea ones. I did a bunch of research on them sound like a big gamble. A few people love them others hate them alot of people who have never used them bash um. Lots of fire stories from 06 posts I dunno. Craigs list i have never found anything around here that would be a good deal. I saw one but by the time i replaced the bulbs would be the same cost of buying new. :grumble:

Sometimes it takes a lot of time, but something will crop up!

I think all the bad press with the Odyssea lights is in the past. I have read that all the problems were completely fixed. Meaning no more fires! Which is a good thing. :lol:

Im a college student, meaning BROKE, and i bought Odyssea lights off ebay, the 4 bulb T5's, for my 40 gal and im extremely happy with them. I have had no problems at all.

i had a set of the odesea lights, i got it as part of a used and set up tank i got and moved into my house. the ballast died that was driving 2 of the 4 cf bulbs, so i got a new ballast, it wouldnt fit into the original housing, so i just gutted it, and made my own... and now i'm working on a canopy, so it'll all get changed out and replaced with new stuff...

I will say this, the odasea that i had was running WAY WAY too hot, cause all the insulation on all the wires inside were crispy, cracked, and fell off when touched, so i would imagine that what happened was i just happened to open mine up and replace everything just before it tried to start a fire... I'm gonna call it a win and good luck on the timing and move on...

well my trates are 10 but before i get any corals i will be installing a fuge with a reverse cycle with chetto in it. I dont have a phosphate test kit yet but will before anything will be added. First i want to get new lights and the fuge going. Then new test kits nothing will be added before then. Im doing this slow.

Im gonna have to do a hang on back fuge I just dont have the space for my orginal idea of a 20 gal fuge next to dt. Its a corner tank and there isnt room for anything in cabnet underneath. I was thinking of gambling a little theres a hang on back fuge from aquatraders that looks the same as the cpr one for alot less. http://shop.aquatraders.com/Hang-On-Back-s/37.htm With the pump and the light 109 shipped if it doesnt work for the main tank I will use it for the 10 gal build in september. If its crap I will know not to buy anything from them again.

Ok I just rolled those dang dice and ordered that hang on back fuge. I will let yall know how it goes. :^:

I had a hang on back fuge on my old tank and it did very well. The only thing I didn't really care for is the space in them is very limited.

I'm using an AquaTraders HOB refugium on my 10g frag tank. I got the smaller of the two fuges they offer. Works just fine.

Hi yall I changed out my cc to sand today now I have a tank of milk. How long is this gonna last and should i run powerheads or anything or just let it sit. There are 5 green cromis in there.

Attachments

• DSC00064.jpeg
    DSC00064.jpeg
    23.7 KB · Views: 343
Surly you didnt just dump the new sand in? Did you?:shock:
I'd run everything,just like normal.That way those finer particles will get removed,and the heaver ones will settle out.
Did you use live sand,or the dry?

i removed the old and took about half the water out then put in live sand in small amounts then put water in. The package said not to rinse

Back