Teds fowlr to reef

well I am going to go up there tomorrow see whats up. Wife said it looks like they are still getting setup. Should be interesting, I will let yall know what I think of them.

Funny how something like 0 nitrates makes you wanna grab a beer,set back,and just just relax in front of the tank :D Congrats.

And if their store looks as good as their site,you'll be broke from now on.:D

Great looking site so far. Wish I woulda caught that firecracker polups they had on sale. Looks like they sold out:grumble:

ok I went by the new lfs. Its still in the beginning stages but its looks like a nice place. They werent going to open so soon but people kept knocking on the door so they decided what the heck. The guy I talked to was nice seemed like he knew what he was doing. He said the the owner is going to cal. to cherry pick stock from the wholesalers. They are going to be doing that at least once a month so should have some real nice stuff. Over all first impression is good would have liked to have seen the online inventory but that is kept at a different location not open to the public.

I wish I had something new to show ya. I had to spend my coral fund on a hot water heater so now it will be at least a month before I can get anything new. Maybe when the nano build gets going I will have money to get stuff for both tanks. I figure by the time the 10gal cycles I might have been able to save enough to buy a package deal from one of the e-sellers.

Ya know Ted,if you had of reminded your wife that she COULD heat up bath water on the STOVE,you wouldnt have had to spend your coral money on a water heater:mrgreen:

I didn't think you Rednecks even had running water let-a-lone hot water! :mrgreen:

David brotha,you behind the times my friend.The crecks always runnin,so yeah,we got runnin water.And if you'll fill up a #5 wash tub you can heat it up on the stove enough for a bath.The big problem is,somebodies gotta carry the wood in and start the far to warm the water.By the time ats done its usually dark and you ready fur bed.:mrgreen:

I wish I had something new to show ya. I had to spend my coral fund on a hot water heater so now it will be at least a month before I can get anything new. Maybe when the nano build gets going I will have money to get stuff for both tanks. I figure by the time the 10gal cycles I might have been able to save enough to buy a package deal from one of the e-sellers.
Pics showing advancements of coraline will do. :mrgreen:

Whats funny to me in this thing is for 5 days we didnt have hot water. I did the dishes heating water on the stove and filled the bath a few times for the kids and myself also. It does work ,takes forever, but does work. Was kinda funny I found a new use for my turkey fryer pot. Guess my red neck is showing. lol

geez man you would think in a hot texas summer you just stick some pots full of water outside and you would be fine! :mrgreen: dang hot water heater! glad mine is under warranty.

Hopefully next month is better for your money situation.new light is lookin pretty good.

Ok I havent updated my thread in a while so heres a couple of pic showing my diatom bloom from the new rock. It really isnt so bad considering I doubled my rock amount about 2 weeks ago or so.

Attachments

• DSC00100.jpeg
    DSC00100.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00101.jpeg
    DSC00101.jpeg
    38.9 KB · Views: 263
Back