Tell me if you've heard this one before...

Yeah I love the torch. I am going to post some more pics later, Those guys are half the size they are now in those pics. I like the torch so much I think I am going to get another one for another spot I have. My clowns love the thing are always in it.

I was thinking something like this.
AE9F41CA5F7B49869ED49B692C12E4D7A.jpg

I think that is a brown torch. I am thinking foxface also. It's so addicting.

Oh and a tooth coral frag and some more green and blue shrooms.

Those all sound like great corals, go for it! I especially like the blue shrooms, they look awesome under actinics

End of year update pics. Here is pretty much everything I got going.

FTS
decreef13.jpg

Green and brown zoo polyps
decreef6.jpg

New Lobophyllia
decreef5.jpg

Cabbage leather frag
decreef4.jpg

Green Torch
decreef3.jpg

Partially open Colt coral. Took these kind of late.
decreef2.jpg

Hippo Tang named Ray Ray

decreef12.jpg

My clowns Rice and McGahee
decreef11.jpg

They love that torch.

Oh and my finger leather frag
decreef1.jpg

Bubble Coral
decreef10.jpg

And the mushrooms
decreef9.jpg

decreef8.jpg

decreef7.jpg

Let me know what you think and please tell me if I have anything falsely identified.

Looks good.
If you'll take a set of feeding tongs and pull as much of the hair algae out as possible,it'll help you get rid of it quicker.

Can you show me a pic of what you are talking about. I have a real cheap pair and I tried with them and it didn't get much of it at all. It doesn't appear to be progressing any more since I switched to RO water. Maybe I just bought the wrong type.

Oh dude you are a Ravens fan? You will find out quickly what a leach Willis McGahee is to your team, take it from a bills fan that guy is not good for the lockerroom.

OBTW Your new additions look great!

Ok Ryan, I just went to the game and after seeing what LeRon McClain did to the Jags, I am changing his name to McClain. He's a talented back but I saw what he did in Buffalo and don't even want him around. I was happy with the pick up at the time but with Lorenzo Neal and Ray Rice with McClain, I don't think we need the cap hog either.

OBTW Thanks.

Stupid piece of shit Aqua Clear power heads. I came home to find the hippo tang I recently got stuck to the intake of my stupid piece of shit powerhead. Why is it got to be the most expensive fish I have? Shit.

Hate to hear about your hippo.But I'd bet he got sick and weak.Other wise he wouldnt have gotten stuck to the intake.

That is a possibility as I know nothing as to look for in healthy or sick fish. I am reading though. I got a few books on marine fish care for Christmas and am reading them now. He didn't appear ill to me as it was though. Good solid color, ate very well, nice curved belly, no ribs visible and no bloating. No visible appearances of ich.

I don't know either way. There is on one possible scenario that could have been. The Aqua Clear 70 power head that I purchased used had none of the fittings or screens on it and like a dumbass I just threw it in there and thought nothing of it. I recently moved things around a bit since I got Hydor Koralia 2 (thought it may be safer, had plans to replace the 2 other AQ's with 2's). Anyhoo, I put the 70 right up next to a lps skeleton (some of my live rock) to prevent stuff from getting up in there and still letting water to flow freely and there it was for close to 2 weeks.

The hippo had a habit of finding all of the tight spaces he could and swimming in and out of them. He even slept the fingers of one of those skeletons.

The pump started humming like something got sucked up in there so I took it out and cleaned it in RO water until it stopped and put it back in. When I replaced it, I left it up from the skeleton about the width of the tang. He probably swam in there and up against the hole he went. He was just about a 1/4" bigger than the hole. would have had no chance against the suction.

Or maybe he was sick.

great looking tank and great thread as well. good luck woth everything and thanks for naming the tang after me !!!!! :)

When it comes to hippo tangs,their kind of a sickly fish to begin with.I've seen em at the LFS acting perfectly healthy one minute and near death the next.Its just the kind of fish they are.

Well yote, I couldnt help myself. I bought another one. I haven't updated this thread in a while. I got some other fish too. A lubbock wrasse, 1 sailfin algae blenny (lawnmower), 1 fiji foxface rabbitfish, 1 new hippo he's been pooping constantly because he never stops eating, a pair of turbos, a sally lightfoot, 2 emerald crabs, 4 peppermint shrimp, and a branching frogspawn.

I will post pics when I get a chance.

Back