Tell me if you've heard this one before...

Sorry to hear about your fish. I hope the foxface pulls through too -- they are much hardier than the tang, so keep your head up.

Unfortunately, I do not believe the foxface made it. I haven't seen him in over a week and all my cleaner crew are running around fat and happy. That's $100 or so in two fish. THAT SUCKS. I now have a quarintine tank for treatment when I want to replace them. Now If I only had the money. I bought them at THAT FISH PLACE in Lancaster PA. After talking to them about it, the fish survived long enough to void their warranty. Never buying fish from them again. Other than my Chromis, I have bought all of my fish from another LFS and had great results. Treasures from the Sea.

What a small world. It's in Mechanicsburg. I know where that is. I'll have to stop by the next time we go to PA. Use to go there quite often. Had friends and family that lived there. Thanks for the info.

Update: Bigploch's Hair Algae Farm is now open. I got some great deals on Jamaican Hair Algae. Some Rasta dread lock shit that get's real long. Very hearty stuff. Grows anywhere.

Rescued a nice foxface and hippo tang from a 55 gallon tank full of damsels. They were getting the crap kicked out of them. The foxface had no tail and the hippo had no dorsal or anal fin and had turned completely white. That was a few months ago. Both fish are much better now living comfortably in my 110 with no predators. Both nibble on the hair algae I was having problems with. I am done wasting money on crap that doesn't work to get rid of it. I believe I am having some sand and flow issues. I believe that rocks that are too small and therefor packed too tightly, as well as a sand bed that is too deep and therefore a crap trap are screwing with my flow. Rock a la garf is on the agenda and siphoning out my sand to make a fuge are two things that will help improve that situation. Hopefully...

Back